Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repair or Replace - Black Clouds, QN75Q70RAFXZA

(Topic created on: 25-03-2024 01:31 PM)
NJD11
Apprentice
Options

Have a couple of black clouds on screen. Have QN75Q70RAFXZA, just over 3 years old. Clouds are mainly visible during sports with moving background of same color. Samsung said about a tech coming out, but really pushed a new tv. They suggested QN85C 75 inch for $1619 with 3yr warranty. Is the black cloud an easy fix or should we look at a new tv? I’ve read about new screen panel replacement but what’s the cost on this? Thanks

IMG_0652.jpeg

IMG_0653.jpeg

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @NJD11  Have you experimented with Settings/Modes without any success? I assume a Fault has been detected in the Picture Test?

I think it would be beneficial to obtain quote for a repair to give you a comparison,according to my determinations though a screen replacement can in some cases  cost more than the current value of the TV.  

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
NJD11
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the replay James4578.
Samsung recommended the picture test and it failed all 3. They wouldn’t give me anything outside of $315-$430 but then said the estimated cost could be more than the tv is worth. They were very vague. They didn't even give me a basic tech fee cost but they did really want me to buy the new tv. The tech call turned into a sales call. I’m hoping someone’s has had something similar and has an idea if repairing is a decent option cost wise. 

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Thanks for confirming, hopefully someone will have had a recent experience. Mind you we are th UK/European communities.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
NJD11
Apprentice
Options

I didn’t realize it was a UK group. My phone must have pulled the UK site I guess. I’m a Brit living abroad. Hopefully someone has had a similar experience with the black cloud issue and what they decided to do. Either replace the screen or just bite the bullet and buy a new tv.