Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote not turning on/off the receiver

(Topic created on: 15-05-2021 09:21 PM)
domze
First Poster
Options

I've just bought a Q70T TV and I'm having some troubles with the remote - I wonder if anyone knows how this is supposed to work:

I've connected a Pioneer receiver through optical input and added it as a device in the remote configuration. While doing through those steps there was a power test where the TV (remote) was testing if it could turn off/on the receiver - and it could! The problem is that it only does that during the configuration and never otherwise, so pressing the power button on the remote does not turn on or off the receiver... Is there a way to achieve that? I was under the impression that I would be able to use only one remote...

5 REPLIES 5
fran1996
Explorer
Options

Hey have you ever sorted it out? I have same problem with my onkyo... Its anoying to have to turn it on and off with 2 remotes and indeed it does work in the setup... is there any way to program it or so?

DSInd
First Poster
Options

Have the exact same problem with my Samsung AUE60 TV, it turns on/off the receiver during setup but never once set, it only controls the volume from that point, should be an easy fix! 

0 Likes
fran1996
Explorer
Options

I recommend buying LG or Sony tvs… worked for me on a new Sony

0 Likes
tuan2195
Student
Options
0 Likes
fran1996
Explorer
Options

Ofc not did zou not see my chat with samsung.. 😂😂 there is no fix just waiting to buy a sony or lg in 2023 :smiling-face:

0 Likes