Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Remote control

(Topic created on: 29-10-2020 05:51 PM)
Deneva48
Apprentice
Options

We are considering buying a Samsung 2020 49" Q80T QLED 4K HD. Our last Samsung came with two remote controls, one slim one with very few buttons which we didn't like and a standard button remote, which we much prefer. This new TV only seems to come with one remote,it being the slim type with few buttons. Will the button Samsung remote work with this new TV, it works with our other Samsung and I've tried it on friends new set. It may seem we are being picky, but this slim one isn't easy for us oldies to use, I much prefer pressing a button, and not scrolling through menues or speaking commands to it. Any help appreciated. I did ask local Samsung dealer, but never heard anything back from them

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Tehmeng
Pioneer
Options
Yes, all samsung remotes work without any issues

View solution in context

3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options

@Deneva48: Where did you purchase the TV from, as the user manual shows that this model should come with both a standard remote, and Smart Remote. For clarification, please see page 9 of the user manual via the link below. 

https://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/EM/202003/20200325134536922/BN68-10106C-02_UM_QTQ80D_QTQ7...

If you're not sure about how to fully utilise the Smart Remote, I also recommend checking out page 18 of the manual, to give you a better idea of how it works. 

0 Likes
Deneva48
Apprentice
Options

Havent purchased it yet, will probably buy from John Lewis, the product spec only mentions one remote. Qled 43” came with two remotes, standard and the slim smart one. We tried the smart one and don’t like it. I am hoping the new tv would work with a button type, or even a universal one.  Difficult to get through to John Lewis for answers. Won’t go into the store as we are not happy to do so during this pandemic.

0 Likes
Solution
Tehmeng
Pioneer
Options
Yes, all samsung remotes work without any issues