Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

remote control stopped controlling cable box

(Topic created on: 19-03-2021 12:58 PM)
Loic21
Journeyman
Options

Hello everyone,

I would need your help on the current situation.

I own an UHD TV UE55TU8072UXXH with the Samsung universal smart remote. I was able to change channels directly with the Samsung smart remote controlling my cable box (tv box) model Arris (Motorola) VIP1002ESL , tv provider is T-mobile (T-com).

Last Saturday, i wanted to watch a movie stored in my laptop so I unplugged the hdmi cable on the cable box and plugged the laptop instead.

After, plugging back the cable box, I had to redo all the step below :

https://www.samsung.com/levant/support/tv-audio-video/how-to-set-up-the-universal-remote-through-mbr...

However, even with selecting the right model, (T-com, arrisVIP1002), I don’t pass the test channel up/down. It is very annoying because I can’t use anymore the universal smart remote from Samsung to control my cable box and I must use now the remote from TV provider to change channel.

I was already in touch with Samsung customer service and tech, and tried all the step they asked but no luck. (1. unplugged TV and cable box for a while 2. Update tv software 3. Make sure AnyConnect is ticked in tv settings 4. Reset factory my tv 5. Did a restart of the cable box). They also told, they can’t guarantee the compatibility of the cable box but for me is very odd because it was working perfectly in the past…plus the device is on the list of cable box when doing the universal remote setup.

Any ideas on how to solve it ?

Stay safe and have a nice day !

5 REPLIES 5
Solution
Loic21
Journeyman
Options

Hello all, i finally solved my problem selecting cable model motorola (arris) VIP1200 instead of motorola (arris) VIP1002ESL (the one i currently own). Very strange but i could pass the channel change test with the samsung universal remote and i can control again my cable box with it. Have a nice week-end.

ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Great news, @Loic21! Thanks for sharing!

Calin4
Student
Options

I have the same problems , have to delete the skybox and the sound system and set them up again , is a very bad television, better get a Logitech universal remote 

0 Likes
elakdmico
First Poster
Options

Same problem for me. Model: TU7000, tvbox ARRIS DCX4220

0 Likes
3ddavis
First Poster
Options

Same problem with arres vip5662w.  Was working then stopped.  I thought it was my remote. Bought a new Samsung remote.  Still same problem. Something from the last update must have messed up the remote to control my device. 

0 Likes