Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote Control Registers Twice

(Topic created on: 19-12-2020 10:54 PM)
chrisgrant2001
Student
Options

I have a new UE65KS8000 set and it is exhibiting a weird behaviour where button-presses on the remote control are sometimes registered twice! For example, if I press mute it will mute then instantly un-mute again. If I press up/down on a menu it jumps two places etc. etc. 

I think this must be a firmware issue, as I have had two of these sets and BOTH exhibited this behaviour (the first had another fault and was returned). 

Has anyone else noticed this? Does anyone have any info?

Thanks in advance!

23 REPLIES 23
KellyM
Helping Hand
Options

Hey @chrisgrant2001,

That sounds rather odd! Can you provide the current software version? Go to: Settings > Support > Contact Samsung. 

Which remote control are you experiencing this problem with? Have you tried resetting the TV? Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Reset. 

0 Likes
chrisgrant2001
Student
Options

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately the reset doesn't do anything. 

The software version is J-TZMDEUS-1169.2 , BT - S. 

However I have found out the following information:

I have a Samsung soundbar HW-K651 paired via Bluetooth with the TV. I turned this off and the problem with the TV went away. Further diagnosis has led me to understand the following: If the soundbar is set to BT POWER ON, which means the soundbar turns ON and OFF with the TV, this issue persists until I turn the soundbar off and back on again manually. When the soundbar is set to BT POWER OFF, which means it only turns off with the TV and needs turning on manually, the problem isn't experienced. So it seems to be an issue that only occurs when the soundbar turns on automatically with the TV. I would like to have the soundbar turn on automatically. Could the soundbar be faulty? It would surprise me as it's the TV that's behaving weirdly, which still leads me to suspect there's some sort of firmware issue.

Please advise!

Many thanks,

Chris 

0 Likes
Tommy_accurate
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue with my new Samsung UE49RU7379UXZG, but it wasn't the same from the start, the problem appeared after about two weeks of use, yet I don't have any soundbars connected, just a Nintendo Switch over HDMI

0 Likes
SFTom
Apprentice
Options

I am experiencing this same issue on my QN49Q7DRAFXZA. I don't believe it's a problem with the smart remote because it happens when I use my Comcast X1 remote to change the volume (or mute). Samsung: please advice. Thanks.

0 Likes
mpowell009
First Poster
Options

I have this same issue with my QN65Q80RAFXZA remote.  It registers twice a lot, I only have my xbox hooked up to it via HDMI.

snakeulescu
First Poster
Options

Just bought a q70t and the remote has the same issue. Is there a fix to this? Is this a faulty remote? 

I have nothing connected to it and it registers double clicks frequently, more when pressing the up button than with the rest...

I really need to know if the problem is the TV or the remote as I still have time to return it

0 Likes
SFTom
Apprentice
Options

snakeulescu - It's the software on the TV. Samsung Customer Service insisted it was a bad TV remote control. I explained that I experienced the same issue using my FireTV remote and Cable Company remote, and this demonstrates that it is a TV OS issue. I do not experience this issue on my FireTV device, but I do experience the issue when I use my FireTV Remote to control the TV. Hence, it doesn't matter where the "command" comes from, it's how the TV OS handles it. In any event, Samsung insisted on sending someone out to check my remote. It was concluded that my remote is working just find and that the TV OS is at fault. Of course, I have not heard a word from Samsung and when I call they explain that someone will need to get back to me regarding this particular issue.

nizmoz
Apprentice
Options

My TV has started doing this recently as well.    UN40MU6290  Haven't been able to figure it out either.

0 Likes
TasteyLobster
First Poster
Options

Also having this issue hopefully someone finds the answer at some point.

0 Likes