Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote BN59-01315N has no guide button

(Topic created on: 19-10-2022 02:03 PM)
Rfollett
Apprentice
Options

can someone please tell me a button to press to get the guide up?

I have worked it out on the slim smart controller but not on the main one.

Looks like the guide button has been replaced with shortcut to Disney

thanks

25 REPLIES 25
ProfYaffle
Journeyman
Options

That's genuinely interesting, as I have a Q80B 50" - and the guide does *not* appear no matter how long I press the key. I wonder if it's a DVB S/T difference... I'll need to check...

But, alas, nothing obvious just yet.

0 Likes
ProfYaffle
Journeyman
Options

Nope, confirmed - this does nothing on my Q80B, neither on Freesat/DVB-S2 nor on Freeview/DVB-T2. *****.

0 Likes
Members_FnEALqn
First Poster
Options

Holding down the CHLIST button for c. 3-5seconds worked for me.  My remote is BN59-01315N with 4 white buttons (Netflix, Prime video, Disney+ and Samsung TV plus). My TV is Samsung UE50BU8000. 

0 Likes
Duh
First Poster
Options

Yes the “GUIDE” button has gone on the new remotes.  As someone said it’s been replaced with the Amazon or Disney button.  So stupid when guide button is so useful.  I just found my old Samsung remote so using that again.  Why is it things always seem to get worse even though technology is improving. 

0 Likes
Mickysunshine
Apprentice
Options

That's a shame. I found another way. Go to sources. Go to Tv, click up to add to home screen. Then go to home screen, find TV at the end of the list, press and hold ok to move, then move to the front of the list.

Now, when you press home, TV is at the front of the list. Scroll across to TV, now above TV you should see guide above, to the left. 

0 Likes
WillieT
Journeyman
Options

I can now confirm, as I thought, that it just brings up the channel list regardless of how long it is pressed.

0 Likes
WillieT
Journeyman
Options

Seems to behave differently on mine a QE55Q75BATXXUU. Adding to home screen is done with the down button not up, and there is nothing above it when in the list. I could only move it to third in the list as Apps and Apple TV seem to be stuck as the first two. So still no way to get the Program Guid with the Samsung remote.  😥

0 Likes
MamaJelly
First Poster
Options
Have been trying to find this out too since we got a Samung TV. I know you can use the smart remote and a Samsung phone but was still annoyed that the main remote couldn't do it. Thought it couldn't be done until the full guide came up by accident. So I searched again today and the CH List button does bring up the guide on my remote (same model as above). I held it for a few seconds and it came up!
0 Likes
WillieT
Journeyman
Options

It would appear to behave differently with different TVs as mine does NOT bring up the guide when the CH list button is pressed, however long you press it. Would be great if Samsung could do an update so it did though.... fx

0 Likes
MamaJelly
First Poster
Options
Seems like it only works on the UE models and maybe not all QE models. Hopefully Samsung do an update
0 Likes