Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote BN59-01315N has no guide button

(Topic created on: 19-10-2022 10:56 PM)
Rfollett
Apprentice
Options

can someone please tell me a button to press to get the guide up?

I have worked it out on the slim smart controller but not on the main one.

Looks like the guide button has been replaced with shortcut to Disney

thanks

25 REPLIES 25
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

For those interested Tv guide can be accessed  via the Smart Remote by pressing the centre of the Channel  UP/DN button.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Rfollett
Apprentice
Options

thanks james, but I know this - as I said in my original question.. I am looking for the guide button on the other controller ... model number

BN59-01315N

ProfYaffle
Journeyman
Options

It's bizarre, isn't it. The user guide shows a Guide button; other stuff online suggests there's a menu above the Live TV entry when you go to the home screen (Universal Guide?).

Neither of these seems true. As far as I can see, there's simply no way to access the EPG with the standard remote... hell of a way to promote the "new" style remote, but there we go.

ProfYaffle
Journeyman
Options

Apparently, not the only ones. Current favourite suggestion is "buy an old remote from a different TV, as these still have a Guide button"!

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/tv/bu8000-series-tv-remote-question/m-p/5810363

0 Likes
WillieT
Journeyman
Options

How ridiculous to have no way to access the Guide from their own remote!

Wake up Samsung! 

Mickysunshine
Apprentice
Options

Press channel list button, on main remote, for 1 second, and guide will appear! 

WillieT
Journeyman
Options

Fairly sure I tried that and it just brings up the channel list of what is on now, but not there so can't try a longer press just now. The guide shows what is on for the next few hours on each channel. Does that show with  the channel list button?

0 Likes
ProfYaffle
Journeyman
Options

Nope, that just brings up the channel listing, not the full EPG (or, at least, that's what it does on mine).

Maybe I'll work through all the buttons, a few seconds of key-pressing at a time...

0 Likes
Mickysunshine
Apprentice
Options

I installed two samsung tvs last week. One customer phoned me, and he had the guide button missing, replaced with Disney plus. He said he had ordered an earlier remote from amazon, as suggested here. I phoned the second customer, he said he didn't have a guide button either.

First customer had a 7020 chassis, 2nd q60.

I have a q80 55 inch. If I press and hold the channel list button for  1-2 seconds the guide comes up. Momentary press brings up Channel list.  This happens even though I have the guide button, and not Disney plus. 

I have called both customers, and it works for them. Make sure you hold the button in for a couple of seconds! Obviously it doesn't mean it will work on all chassis, but I'm guessing it will with all sets with this remote control. 

Also, e-manual instructructions for holding down cha up/down button on main remote is incorrect!! This is for the smart remote only.