Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote access to my PC doesn't play videos correctly

(Topic created on: 26-07-2021 09:34 AM)
Xavier93
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

I am using a Series 7 UHD samsung TV (model: UE65TU7095U) and I am trying to use the remote access feature with my PC which is in another room. Both TV and PC are connected by etherent cable to the router.

The experience with the remote access is mostly ok, but when I try to play any video (from VLC, media player, youtube, etc) the fps are completely off, they charge slowly and one by one which makes it appear like an extreme tearing effect.

The audio is ok.

Screen sharing, airplay, screen mirroring work fine.

I attach two images as examples.

IMG20210726101546.jpg

IMG20210726101528.jpg

Thanks in advance!

  

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Have you set up a network?
0 Likes
Xavier93
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

what do you mean by "set up a network"?

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
By having 2 direct connections to the router you are sharing the Internet. For the devices to see each other you need a network. You either have a network or not.
0 Likes
Xavier93
Apprentice
Options

The problem is not about setting up a network or connecting the pc to the tv. The remote access works, as well as screen sharing. The problem is that while using remote access, the videos I play don't work properly. The sound is correct but the image has extreme tearing, like the frames are charged really slow.

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I'm going to ask you a dumb question. What do you mean by remote access? How for example when sat in front of the TV do you select your media?
0 Likes
jacky400
First Poster
Options

I got the same issue when using remote access on my Samsung TV . How you sort it out at last ? 

0 Likes
Guus Rottiers
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue, remote desktop is working on my samsung the frame tv (tv and pc connected to the same LAN) but video playback (youtube, vlc, ...) is very choppy. Did you get it to work?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Jarred D
First Poster
Options

Anyone had luck with this? Also having huge lag from the 'remote access' app trying to view videos.

I'm guessing the tv isn't accessing any GPU resources 

0 Likes
Exprite
First Poster
Options
0 Likes