Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Register Warranty

(Topic created on: 15-02-2023 05:01 PM)
jon_e
Apprentice
Options

I have just registered my new TV, but was not asked to provide a purchase date/receipt details etc. If I select warranty options from the registered product, I get stuck in a loop of 'Register Product' or 'View Warranty Info'. Does registering my product automatically register the warranty? Also on TVs is there any option to extend the warranty. I have no idea if my warranty is registered...the user experience on the Samsung site is pretty woeful and the chatbot is next to useless.

can anyone advice if simply registering the product registers the warranty also?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @jon_e 

Let's get this sorted for you! Could you send us a link to the 'warranty options' you're trying to use please, so we can take a look into this for you?

0 Likes
jon_e
Apprentice
Options

So I start here My products | Samsung United Kingdom
Then click 

Members_V9RtAMl_0-1676478915437.png

Which takes me to here Samsung Warranty Information | Register & Check Your Warranty | Samsung UK
where there is no option to register a warranty, only to register a product (already done) and view warranty terms.

0 Likes
Solution
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

If you've already registered your TV, then that's all you need to do. The 12-month warranty is automatically applied to your TV from the date of purchase.

0 Likes
jon_e
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for verifying. It might be an idea to advertise that somewhere on the registration page and the wording is quite misleading.

Bee10
First Poster
Options

Hi ChrisM, I've just done exactly the same as jon_e for my Fridge Freezer and have the same issues, however, I have bought the product from AO and not directly from Samsung so Samsung do not have any record of the date it was purchased?

This has been the most confusing time consuming thing I've had to do for a long time! The website just sends you round in circles!

I am also interested in obtaining an extended 5 year warranty but no idea how to do that either. If you're able to shed any light on either issue I'd be really grateful!