Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Region settings when switching on TV

(Topic created on: 17-01-2019 09:49 AM)
Grank
Student
Options

Hi, every time I switch on my TV it asks for region. If I type in my postcode and set this I get really poor signals and have to reset whole TV. If I skip past this the signals are great and my region is actually correct. So question is - can you turn off this request for region/postcode please? 

Thanks 

Grank

9 REPLIES 9
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Grank.

Could you give us the model code and software version of your TV? Go to Menu > Support > Contact Samsung or alternatively, Home > Settings > Support > About This TV.

JordanW
First Poster
Options

Hi,

My Samsung 7100 series TV also does this; every time I switch it on, it asks me to confirm my region.

0 Likes
Grank
Student
Options

Hi

Model code: UE50NU7470

sOFTWARE: T-KTM2DEUC-1103.5, BT-S

Thanks

Grank

0 Likes
J11griffiths
First Poster
Options

I have got the same problem with tv that I bought 2 weeks ago. How do you fix the problem?

0 Likes
Solution
AMS2
First Poster
Options

settings

Broadcasting

Auto Tuning Settings

Standby Auto Tuning - Turn this option off

ensure you are on live TV or you may find the option is greyed out

Should solve your issues stops the TV from trying to auto tune for your region whilst in standby mode

0 Likes
DannyT
Options
Hi all.

It's worth trying the steps above provided by @AMS2. However, a new update has also been released recently that may sort this issue out.

Welcome to the Community!

PAtrader
First Poster
Options
Same problem with my new QE65Q7FN, solved by AMS2 suggestion above, but obviously needs fixing in a software update.
0 Likes
Clammer
Apprentice
Options

Same with my Q9F Samsung TV

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Same with my 75q9 as well 

0 Likes