Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red Screen

(Topic created on: 07-02-2021 11:07 AM)
Cougarik
Apprentice
Options

After on 4 1/2 years my UE48 J5200AW has developed Red Tinges to the Screen.

Very Disappointed this happened after only a short time.

Anyone else had similar problems ?

Can't get to Samsung Support - anyone got  a link ?

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Hey @Cougarik, are you still experiencing issues with this? Does it happen with every programme or app you watch? Try resetting the Picture Settings from: Menu > Settings > Picture > Reset Picture Settings. Also, do with a Picture Test: press the Menu button > Support > Self Diagnosis > Picture test > Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the Picture Test. The image should be clear and free from any distortion. Is the image clear or still distorted? If the issue is still there, you can contact the AudioVisual Team for further support at 0333 000 0333 or on Live Chat

Cougarik
Apprentice
Options

Hi CarloL - thanks for the suggestions and have tried all those options without any success.  I am in touch with Samsung who are helping with the problem.  Take care.

0 Likes
MrMidge
Student
Options

Hi, did you get to the bottom of this? Having similar issues with mine now. 

0 Likes
Cougarik
Apprentice
Options

It was resolved after a new accessory input panel on the back was replaced. Where you plug USB, Speaker & HDMI cables.  It was identified by a company engineer who repairs TV's. Not a  suggested problem from Samsung direct. 

MrMidge
Student
Options

Thanks for the reply! 
Mine is doing it even with the built in Netflix app so I’m not sure that would be the same fault really. 
must something to look into though. Thanks. 

0 Likes
lucassou
First Poster
Options

Have you found a solution ? I also have a similar issue, instead of displaying black, it shows wierd red vertical lines. I tried to replace a card called tcon (which apparently manages the color display) without success. Now it can either be the "samsung one connect box" to where all the inputs a connected or the mainboard with the CPU and GPU, both theses components are not cheap and i'd like to know if you tried replacing either of those.

0 Likes
MrMidge
Student
Options

I haven’t replaced anything yet. 
It only seems to do it when it’s been on for a few hours at a time. 
I can change the colour settings to dial out the problem, and then reset it when I turn it on again the next day. 
I’m basically living with it for now. 

0 Likes
lucassou
First Poster
Options

Thank you for your answer, i have the issue the second the TV is on so it's kind of annoying. I've noticed that i can attenuate the issue with some specific settings but it's still visible and annoying ! 

Have a good day 

0 Likes
Yeah3
First Poster
Options

I'm an electrician by trade, and that was my suspicion as well. My TV works fine with the built in apps, but anything plugged into the HDMI comes out red. No matter which input. I'm going to get mine fixed by a professional TV repairman

0 Likes