Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red colours fading on right side of TV screen. QE65Q85R

(Topic created on: 23-10-2020 08:54 PM)
Shaun7
First Poster
Options

Help

My TV has just started to look washed out on one side and is gradually creeping across the screen. Reds look pink or purple and blues look green. Skin tones are almost grey. Seems to be missing the ability to process reds.

Any ideas? It's only 18 months old but I don't have a warranty as it was a resale.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @Shaun7 ,

is this happening with all the channels and sources? Are you able to send me a picture of this here? 

0 Likes
Shaun7
First Poster
Options

IMG_0960.jpg

Sorry can't figure out how to put it the right way up. It's a great example with a half faded red coat. All channels and sources affected.

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

No worries @Shaun7 .

Can you check the software version and let me know if this is running on the latest version (version 1371.0)? You can check this from the TV Settings> Support> Contact Samsung/About this TV. 

0 Likes
Shaun7
First Poster
Options

I have 1361 and no updates available.

0 Likes
Shaun7
First Poster
Options

Just updated the software by USB, no improvement.

0 Likes
TheRealRonGotti
First Poster
Options

I have a QNQ7C and my screen is doing the same thing. Out of warranty. Did Samsung give you any help?

0 Likes
Jean-christophe
First Poster
Options

Same here. samsung qn65q8, Red is falling. For a 3k Tv only after 3 years. No dammage was done to the TV. no warrenty, samsung on the phone can do nothing. So basicly, tv is ready for Landfill after only 3 years !!!! My old Tv was good even after 10 years.  I will never buy anything from samsung for now. Go with Sony i guess.

0 Likes