Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Recording TV

(Topic created on: 11-04-2021 12:47 PM)
JohnWR
First Poster
Options

I have just exchanged TVs with my son, he needed a flat TV (a Sony Bravia) for his new house and I got his curved Samsung.  On the Sony I could select a programme from any time in the next couple of weeks in the TV guide, press 'Record' and it would record the program(s) when the time came.  On the Samsung I cannot find any method of selecting a program to record unless I manually enter the start and finish times from the scheduler and then, when it comes to record the program it tells me that I cannot watch anything else whilst the recording is being done - in other words I have to watch what I am recording - this is pointless, unless I'm missing something obvious.   Is Samsung's recording system really that useless?  even my old VHS recorder could manage to record one program while I watched something else.....

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Solution
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Try going into the TV guide, select programme and then press enter key
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@JohnWR: Please can you confirm the full model number of the TV, located on the sticker on the back of the device? ^AL

0 Likes
JohnWR
First Poster
Options

Hi, the model number is ue49NU7670.  Thank you for the previous reply, yes, selecting the programs and pressing 'Enter' does give the 'Schedule Record' option.  Shall check when it starts as to whether I can also watch soemthing else and get back to you.

Have now come across the 'lack of memory' issue now so I cannot install any new apps and cannot updtate.  Hey-ho.

Thanks again

0 Likes