Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Record one, watch another (ue50tu8507uxxu)

(Topic created on: 16-12-2020 03:02 PM)
MrG125
Apprentice
Options

I have a new ue50tu8507uxxu - it has both Freeview (digital via air/aerial) and Freesat via Old Sky dish (using the dual feed cable - the one that newer sky installations had to enable record one, watch another).

I've successfully configured both Freeview and Freesat, so we receive both and can toggle between them (using the CH List) button.  

I have also got a 1tb (Seagate) SSD attached via USB. We can live pause/timeshift and record to this device successfully. 

HOWEVER

What I cannot do, as is suggested in a lot of places (and formed part of the reason I got THIS unit), is set up a recording on Freesat and watch Freeview WHILST FREESAT IS RECORDING (or vice-versa). 

The TV automatically switches to the service on which content is being recorded and states that you (I) cannot change from this channel unless I want to stop recording. I was under the impression this was exactly what it was for? Have I not set something up correctly? If this is expected behaviour - what's the value in having 2 tuners if you can only actively use 1?

Replies appreciated, solutions REALLY APPRECIATED!!

4 REPLIES 4
Fish30
First Poster
Options
Having this issue with my Samsung Frame. Hoping for some ideas and answers
0 Likes
MrG125
Apprentice
Options

Bad news Fish30 - Currys PC World's (mostly) helpful desk came back to tell me that the advice on this was false and that despite having a dual tuner it is NOT capable of recording on 1 feed and watching on another.

So I've been misinformed elsewhere, have a function on this TV unit which frankly I don't see the point of and overall am left to spend MORE money on achieving the target. BUT I have to say that with a change in behaviour, to this point, I've not missed recording as the majority of content I would want to record has been available via a variety of smart TV apps. 

MrG125
Apprentice
Options

Happy for a SAMSUNG-ite to disprove this latest information or will otherwise accept as the solution - warding people off investing in dual tuner TVs thinking they get this benefit. You can save yourselves £150+ on that ruse folks

0 Likes
DaveMR
First Poster
Options

We have the Samsung  QE55S95BA with one terrestrial aerial input and 2 Satellite dish inputs. All are connected and providing a good signal.  We also have had problems recording one channel whilst watching another. However Samsung have referred us to the E-Manual BN81-22795C-600_EM_OSNDVBEUB_EU_ENG_230620.0BNF.  Following the instructions on Page 121, I can confirm that it is possible to watch one channel on Freesat and record another on Freeview. I have yet to try these instructions with both watching and recording on Freesat or on Freeview.   

0 Likes