Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended settings for Samsung Auto Motion Plus?

(Topic created on: 17-10-2021 12:44 PM)
magneman
Explorer
Options

Hi,

I not too long ago purchased a 65" Q95T TV, and I like it so far.

I will mainly be watching TV shows on Netflix - I assume that the soap opera effect is caused by having Auto Motion Plus setting on the TV turned on.

For me, I have the following settings available to customize: 

Picture of settings 

Also I have another option to turn on/off Noise Reduction (I couldn't find a picture online that also had this setting).

I am wondering, would it be best for me to turn everything off (Blur reduction, Judder Reduction, LED Clear Motion, and Noise Reduction)? Or should I tweek them a bit instead?

Motion feels smooth with everything set to Auto, but it sometimes causes distortion or blurry images which is a bit annoying (have also noticed some weird lighting effects, but I am unsure which of the Auto Motion Plus settings is causing this).

4 REPLIES 4
Jemvanwin
Apprentice
Options
If you ever find a setting that works well for everything I'd be very impressed. As a general rule, I feel like any post-processing like this is never going to be an improvement. I just switched it off as I couldn't really find a way around it to make it look good.

I was informed it's best for live sports but I beg to differ. Tried to watch Formula 1 with it but it was driving me mad.
magneman
Explorer
Options

Hi, thanks for the feedback. Would you recommend turning Auto Motion Plus off completely, or just edit some of the settings instead of having it set to auto?

0 Likes
Jemvanwin
Apprentice
Options
Just shut it off completely.
At least then you're getting the source material they way the creator intended you to see it then.

I would have a go at experimenting with different sports, because people do claim it good for things like football, and pitch based stuff. I just no it's horrible for motor racing from my first hand experience. It feels like there's a lot of screen tearing.
magneman
Explorer
Options

I agree, it seems like there is tearing when there is fast moving objects on the screen. I don't mind the increased fps really, but sometimes when there is fast moving objects and a lot of lighting effects it gets weird.

0 Likes