Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Recommendations for an IR remote for my Q6F TV?

(Topic created on: 18-03-2023 07:21 AM)
gbd
Apprentice
Options

The "Smart" remote that came with my Samsung Q6F series TV has always unpaired with some frequency, but now it happens so often, and has become so difficult and time consuming to re-pair, that I'd like to buy an infrared universal remote to use instead. I looked on Amazon and there are many options, but the suspiciously high ratings are countered by a significant number of 1-star reviews that agree on the the shoddy workmanship of these products. Does anyone have any suggestions, something that they've purchased that has held up over time? (I did find a thread in these forums that verified that the Smart Remote unpairing is a common problem, first reported in 2018 and unresolved to this day.)

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
gbd
Apprentice
Options

I bought the GE Backlit Universal Remote Control, model# 48844. There are a variety of them on Amazon. I bought the 4-device, backlit version for about $10 US. It has codes for just about every make and model of TV, though I'm only interested in it for my Samsung 6F TV. I wasn't surprised that the remote works, but I was surprised that I didn't even have to program it! I pressed the power button and my TV came on. The scroll buttons worked as I expected, and finding the buttons to get to my apps and settings didn't take long. (That part must have been luck.) I don't know if it will be durable, but it's a relief to know that when my Smart remote fails, I don't have to spend considerable time and effort to get it working before I can use the TV.

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
UE75BU8500 Owner
Explorer
Options

My [not very] smart remote also is crashing/unpairing and Alexa doesn't work with it.

I bought the cheapest remote I could find (£3.50) and it works great, feels nice in the hand and it is very well thought out. Very few buttons too which is what I wanted. eBay item 334608349546 https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/334608349546

Picture:

remote.jpg

If you need more buttons (apps) there's plenty on eBay and Amazon.

0 Likes
UE75BU8500 Owner
Explorer
Options

Here's the version with the extra app buttons £3.95: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/234714110830

remote03.JPG

A bit of info on the non-app version:

remote02.JPG

And a white version direct from China for a bit less than £5.00: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/225274735529

remote.jpg

My version takes AA batteries. If only a YouTube button version was available.

0 Likes
Solution
gbd
Apprentice
Options

I bought the GE Backlit Universal Remote Control, model# 48844. There are a variety of them on Amazon. I bought the 4-device, backlit version for about $10 US. It has codes for just about every make and model of TV, though I'm only interested in it for my Samsung 6F TV. I wasn't surprised that the remote works, but I was surprised that I didn't even have to program it! I pressed the power button and my TV came on. The scroll buttons worked as I expected, and finding the buttons to get to my apps and settings didn't take long. (That part must have been luck.) I don't know if it will be durable, but it's a relief to know that when my Smart remote fails, I don't have to spend considerable time and effort to get it working before I can use the TV.

0 Likes