Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really strangle problem with new Samsung Samsung UE40NU7120

(Topic created on: 21-08-2018 02:21 PM)
Tinker765
First Poster
Options

Hello,

Last week i purchased a Samsung UE40NU7120, And was very impressed with it until the last few days.  I connect my Desktop PC to it using a HDMI lead, Anyway yesterday when watching a film on Netflix i noticed along the bottom of the screen some lines and icon things that should not be there.  So i took a closer look, What it appears is the task bar from the home screen on my Windows 10.  It is like in the distance and only outline of it but it ruins the TV picture.

So i thought it may be some kind of interference from my PC somehow, So i turned the PC off and even unplugged the HDMI lead from the TV.  Went back onto Netflix and low and behold it was still there, I tried TV and all the other apps and it remained there.

It is like the home screen of my pc has embeded itself onto the tv screen!  Anyone experienced this before?  As i have not and has baffled me.

The TV is being collected on Thursday and exchanged, I am hoping this is not a common problem.  The average person would not of noticed this, But i always do notice things like this and once i have seen it i cannot unsee it.

1 REPLY 1
TracyR
Options

Hey @Tinker765

To check if the fault is with the hardware of your TV head to: Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Picture test.

I'm glad it's being sorted for you! 

:bear-face:

Say "hello!" and

Introduce Yourself, or virtually hangout in the Samsung Lounge