Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-tune satellite channels without losing terrestrial channels

(Topic created on: 09-01-2024 11:17 PM)
Kanesh
Student
Options

I recently bought the QE49Q70R TV. I am struggling to tune the TV to have access to both terrestrial and satellite channels at the same time. By the way, during the initial phase, I opted to tune the satellite channels later. Now, it looks like the terrestrial channels disappear if I tune the satellite channels (regardless of the Channel Initialisation setting) and the satellite channels disappear if I retune the terrestrial channels. Can anyone help?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
AndrewL
Options
@Kanesh: If you are currently tuning the channels via Home > Live TV > Channel List, then please can you try going to Settings > Broadcasting > (Auto Tuning Settings) > Auto Tuning, as this will scan for all available channels in your area.
0 Likes
Kanesh
Student
Options
@AndrewL, Thank you. I have actually been trying through the method you are suggesting (i.e. Settings > Broadcasting > (Auto Tuning Settings) > Auto Tuning). My issues is that at the end of re-tuning the terrestrial channels, I lose all previously tuned satellite channels. Can't I have access both to terrestrial and satellite channels?
BobPitman
First Poster
Options
I have the same problem all of my HD channels have gone and cannot be returned. very disappointed with this TV on general and regret switching from Sony.
0 Likes
T999
First Poster
Options

Hello did anyone get a solution to this issue? I rest my qled and now I can not have satellite and terrestrial channels like before

0 Likes
GDIRL
First Poster
Options

Hi Did anyone ever get a solution for this having the same issue

Q80C_50_SB
First Poster
Options

Hi, T999, GDIRKL. I am having the same issue with our new Samsung Smart TV. It seems that if you autotune satellite channnels, you lose the terrestrial ones and vice versa. This is crazy. The whole point of upgrading from the last not-so-old Samsung TV is to be able to dump the satellite box. This can't be right.

I don't even see the satellite listed as an input/connection device anywhere. It is only seen at the point where TV channel tuning happens.

There must be a way to have access to both sources, but it is not clear where.

If there is no solution, then I am bringing it back.

0 Likes
Mostafa Gamal
First Poster
Options

Hi All,

I Had the same issue with my Samsung TV and find the solution and I wanted to help anybody searching for

switching between Satellite and Terrestrial channels on Samsung TV

you simply need to hold the "channel changing" button (not press once, HOLD it) it opens another channel list menu, from the upper switch between Satellite and Terrestrial Channels.

Good Luck everybody.

0 Likes