Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Missing update, wrong region, awful support

(Topic created on: 28-11-2022 10:39 AM)
Andrew777
Apprentice
Options

I have the same problem. My TV came from Carrefour just across the border and won't update. I have had friends try to help but we can't seem to make any progress. Tv was from Carrefour in Spain just 1 KM across the border from Gibraltar.
How can Samsung be this useless??????

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
SereneH
Options

Hey @Andrew777! What's the full model number of your TV: How to find the model and serial number of my product | Samsung UK

giphy.gif
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Have you reached out to Support?

I don't know about TV, but with phones and watches warranty and support only available in the country it was purchased. This is standard practice by all manufacturers

0 Likes
Andrew777
Apprentice
Options

Hi, i is a 43AU7175. As we live in Gibraltar, it is  quite normal for us to cross to Spain to shop and for them to come to shop in Gibraltar.

Thanks for your help.

Andrew

0 Likes
Andrew777
Apprentice
Options

Hi SereneH, I took a pic to avoid mistakes. It seems really odd that I can't set up my TV because I am 4 KM from where I bought it, and there are no warnings that it can only work in the country it was purchased in!
Thanks for your interest. :smiling-face:

[Image containing identifiable information (Serial number) removed]

0 Likes
SereneH
Options

Thanks, @Andrew777! You can install updates manually. I have located the USB file, and Firmware Update User Manual for you: TV AU7175 Crystal UHD 108 cm 43" 4K Smart TV (2021) | Samsung Soporte España 

giphy.gif
0 Likes
Andrew777
Apprentice
Options

That's really kind of you, SereneH. I downloaded and installed the firmware and it went thru fine. But I STILL can't accept the Terms and Conditions that will allow my wife to use netflix which is why we bought the TV to replace the non Smart TV we had before.

I keep getting error 2014509-1. I have reset a number of times and tried different regions including Spain where the TV was purchased. A friend suggested a VPN into Spain as a possible way forward, but surely it shouldn't be this complicated to get a TV working as it should?

Kind regards, Andrew

Samsung TV error.jpg

0 Likes
SereneH
Options

You may experience issues with apps and services if you purchase a product from another country, @Andrew777.

I assume you're connecting via your Gibraltar Wi-Fi? After factory resetting the TV, you can use a VPN, or you can use a phone with a Spanish SIM and connect to the TV using a Hotspot: How do I connect to Wi-FI? | Samsung UK Once set-up is complete you can disconnect the Hotspot and connect to your Wi-Fi. Remember to select Spain as your region when setting the TV up too, instead of Other. 

giphy.gif
0 Likes