Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random and frequent red pixelation across TV screen - help!

(Topic created on: 14-02-2020 02:33 AM)
GGCTigers
First Poster
Options

My 10 year old Samsung UE46-ES8000 smart tv has recently started to show bright red pixelation across the full screen. This occurs randomly. Usually, the problem can be resolved by switching off then back on again, but this evening it doesn't seem to be clearing at all. The issues only occurs across the TV picture. Menus, etc., display normally.

In addition to the pixelation issue, the TV also intermittently switches itself off then on again. This occurs at least once each night. Sometimes it cycles through the off/on procedure several times before settling down.

Is there a picture setting that may perhaps be causing the pixelation issue? Or is the old girl on the way out?

Thanks for any help!

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
rryals54
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same red pixelation problem with a UN55C8000 that I purchased in 2010, although it doesn't turn itself off/on. The red pixelation is fairly constant, however, if I pull or push on the tv chassis from either side, top, or bottom it seems to correct itself at least temporarily, but is sometimes ok for several hours. The self diagnostic picture test looks fine but the problem occurs when  any input is sleected, so it seems like it must be coming from the main board.  It's almost like there's a loose connection or solder joint. I've reseated all of the connectors on the main board but that didn't help. Any ideas?

0 Likes