Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rakuten app gone from my M5 smart monitor. How to get it back?

(Topic created on: 15-10-2021 11:30 AM)
Members_IHeBzaA
Journeyman
Options

I've got a nifty new M5 24" smart monitor. It came with Rakuten installed. However, after resetting the monitor in the menu, the Rakuten app has disappeared. It's not in the app store, so I can't reinstall it.

Some Ratuten movies appear on the home screen. If I choose one, it says I can watch the movie after installing the Rakuten app, and there is an 'Install' button. But clicking this just then says the app is not compatible.

Anyone know how to get it back again?

8 REPLIES 8
Tjkakorat
First Poster
Options
Just disappeared on mine too...help!!!
0 Likes
Members_IHeBzaA
Journeyman
Options

Once the Rakuten app developers realise it is gone from the App store it will be quick and easy for them to fix it, I'm sure.

But there doesn't seem to be any way to tell them. I've notified both Samsung and Rakuten tech support, but I wasn't left with any feeling of confidence that they understood what they needed to do.

0 Likes
carmelthornton
Student
Options

Has anyone managed to solve this problem yet?  Rakuten app still awol on my monitor. 

0 Likes
solessantos
Student
Options

Después de restablecer el monitor en el menú, la aplicación Rakuten ha desaparecido, también en mi Monitor M7 de 32"

0 Likes
carmelthornton
Student
Options

I contacted Samsung customer services ( UK) about this,  and was told that the APP was removed at Rakuten's request.  It had been included on the monitor by mistake and was removed remotely by a Samsung update.  However, as Samsung were still advertising the monitor for sale with Rakuten installed  when I contacted them some weeks after the update  I'm not sure what to believe.  When challenged with this information Samsung declined to comment further.  I have put in an official complaint which has been ignored.

Members_IHeBzaA
Journeyman
Options

There are still no good solutions. You could add a Chromecast to the back of your monitor, but then what's the point of a smart monitor. Or you could just give up on Rakuten as a bad company.

0 Likes
Members_IHeBzaA
Journeyman
Options

Yes what Samsung says makes sense.

It's the streaming services that develop the apps and then release them onto the Samsung platform. So Rakuten's behaviour is inexcusable. The app has already been developed, we know this because we've seen it. But they have just arbitrarily decided to withhold it, even after advertising it to promote themselves.

0 Likes
Name6
First Poster
Options

I have an 2017 Samsung Smart TV and Rakuten tv on it works completely fine, but on my Samsung Smart Monitor M5 27 inch I can't find Rakuten Tv.

0 Likes