-AJC-
Journeyman
Options

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
-AJC-
Journeyman
Options

I'm trying to use Timeshift to pause live tv but get the message "Unable to record" when pressing pause.  The Seagate HDD drive is properly formatted and I'm able to watch other recordings.  Is there a setting I'm missing or is this a temporary glitch?  Tv is a QE55Q90R.

0 Likes
Solution
-AJC-
Journeyman
Options

Answering my own question here.

It turned out to be my HDD that was causing the issues.  Reformatted it on my PC then the tv formatted it on connection and now everything works.

Thanks to Luis from Samsung Live Chat Support who worked through this with me and suggested the HDD might be responsible.

0 Likes
-AJC-
Journeyman
Options

If anyone else ever gets the same I should point out I had two issues:

1. Timeshift didn't work at all.  When pausing live TV just got message "Failed to record."
  2. When  scheduling a recording one of two things would happen:
    1. Record the scheduled programme but in addition the same programme on the +1 channel (e.g two separate recordings - ITV2 and ITV2 +1).
    2. The correct recording would be made but when trying to playback the message "Content is no longer available due to copyright issues" would appear.
0 Likes
PaulNFromMelbourne
First Poster
Options

Reformatting my USB worked for me. However when I re-inserted the USB into the TV it asks you to perform a "performance test" on the newly inserted device. Problem is clicking on OK doesn't work? Had to try a number of times before it took. Once that worked timeshift worked.

0 Likes