Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"The Hundred" doesn't fit on my telly!

(Topic created on: 24-07-2021 03:04 PM)
lb483
Journeyman
Options

I have 3 Samsung TVs (48" (series 6), 40" and 32" (both series 7 I think)) and when watching "The Hundred" cricket programme on the smaller TVs, the left and right sides of the image are being cut off (these are sports so the scores can't be seen). I've tried a factory reset and this made no difference. Any suggestions?

6 REPLIES 6
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
This is on Sky and you probably need to adjust the Sky equipment for ti's. How do the smaller TVs get Sky. Do you have multi room and mini boxes?
lb483
Journeyman
Options

Watching on terrestrial (BBC have The Hundred). The TV that works is through a Freeview set-top box, the two that don't work have built-in Freeview. There are no adjustments I can find on the TV to solve the problem - and I've looked 😞

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
0 Likes
lb483
Journeyman
Options

Sadly those are the options I've already tried. 

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
From what I've read there is this problem with SD Freeview but not HD.
It seems to be an issue across all brands. FWIW it's called overscan. I don't see a solution unfortunately. The only suggestion I have would be to try the app. For this, you need to have a smart tv with an Internet connection.

I also read that external Freeview boxes don't have this problem.
0 Likes
lb483
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for that. I'll try BBC HD and see if that solves (i.e. works around) the problem.

0 Likes