Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"No Speaker Detected" - UE43RU7400UXXU. Over and over again.

(Topic created on: 27-08-2022 04:50 PM)
Stooby2
Student
Options

My TV is connected to a Pioneer AV receiver via HDMI and an optical cable. (Optical for when we plug stuff straight into the TV or watch Prime, etc and want surround) The TV keeps displaying "Setting up external speaker with Universal remote", then fails as no external speaker is connected. So I go into the settings, set the output to Optical (for the 300th time) and watch as it runs through the process again, setting the output back to speaker without me touching anything. So I set it back to optical and then it's fine. For a random time then it does it all again. Sometimes it'll do it a dozen times in an hour, sometimes it'll go for several hours without doing it.

I've disconnected everything, updated the firmware and done a factory reset. Still does it. Reconnected everything, still does it. Unplugged the optical cable and set it to speakers, still does it. Nothing I do stops this.

Any ideas?

16 REPLIES 16
FatherJack
First Poster
Options

No idea, but exactly the same problem has started happening on my q60t in the last 2 weeks. Very irritating.

Stooby2
Student
Options
It's the universal remote. I stopped using it, took the batteries out and just use the basic one now.
0 Likes
Tshoss
Student
Options

I am having the same issue with my QN50Q60AAFX2A and it is very annoying. I wish I could disable the  Smart Remote Control feature but I can’t.

0 Likes
alamanium
First Poster
Options

Has anyone found a solution for this? Running into this issue and it's driving me crazy. Sound is literally coming out of the soundbar, but it's giving me this popup every few minutes!

0 Likes
alamanium
First Poster
Options

@FatherJackhave you found a solution for this?

0 Likes
alamanium
First Poster
Options

@Tshosshave you found a solution for this?

0 Likes
alamanium
First Poster
Options

@Stooby2my universal remote is the appleTV remote. i really would prefer to use the appleTV to control everything. ALSO, it worked perfectly fine for the past few months, but the problem just started a few days ago. I even tried to reset everything to factory settings.

0 Likes
alamanium
First Poster
Options

And here is the photo for reference. Audio is still coming out of the LG soundbar, which is connected by optical and has worked fine for a month up until now.

IMG_412D4FE1B7C8-1.jpeg

0 Likes
Tshoss
Student
Options

It took me a year to figure this out.  You’re seeing this error because you have two connections out of your TV (Optical and HDMI).  

I fixed this issue by removing the optical cable. I’m only using an HDMI cable from the TV to the receiver.

Any external device you plug in to your TV will use the HDMI connection for surround sound.

0 Likes