Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

" Adjustments to the EU energy regulations in 2021 have been made " for the q95t

(Topic created on: 13-05-2021 11:09 PM)
SaMoNe1986
Pioneer
Options

this " Adjustments to the EU energy regulations in 2021 have been made "  has actually reduced the picture quality of my q95t , before the 1497 firmware everything looks perfect : colors , brightness , sharpness , but after the 1497 firmware , the tv looks dimmer , colors faded , the cause of this , is this new Adjustments to the EU energy regulations , I don’t know what they lowered it to exactly, or what they had to sacrifice to do this (likely peak speaker volume and backlight brightness) or that meant downclocking the CPU for post-processing , i'm thinking that Samsung should give us the right to accept these power adjustment or refuse it , otherwise this is a betrayal of our trust , i loved this q95t so much and now i disgust it

13 REPLIES 13
PawelMerlin
Pioneer
Options

EU is to blame not Samsung. Maybe you can change region somewhere in the settings? 

0 Likes
SaMoNe1986
Pioneer
Options

WhatsApp Image 2021-05-14 at 12.19.04.jpegin our case as Samsung old tv purchase of 2020 , the total blame is for this manufacturer , how could Samsung modify the system of an old production who is not gonna be sold in EU MARKETS when this " new eu power regulation " is meant for the new 2021 model , if i find more victims , we could sue Samsung in justice for this adjustment that decreases the picture quality of the q95t .

SaMoNe1986
Pioneer
Options

for the " EU power regulation adjustment " set by the cursed 1497 firmware , here is another qled costumer who witnesses in a " TV Store " the difference between a tv who has the latest 1497 EU firmware and other tv who has older firmware :Screenshot_2021-05-14 Samsung Q90T thread.png

0 Likes
SaMoNe1986
Pioneer
Options

picture quality damage by "

" Adjustments to the EU energy regulations in 2021 have been made " for the q95t​

this " Adjustments to the EU energy regulations in 2021 have been made " has actually reduced the picture quality of my q95t , before the 1497 firmware everything looks perfect : colors , brightness , sharpness , but after the 1497 firmware , the tv looks dimmer , colors faded , the cause of this , is this new Adjustments to the EU energy regulations , I don’t know what they lowered it to exactly, or what they had to sacrifice to do this (likely peak speaker volume and backlight brightness) or that meant downclocking the CPU for post-processing , i'm thinking that Samsung should give us the right to accept these power adjustment or refuse it , otherwise this is a betrayal of our trust , i loved this q95t so much and now i disgust it .
in our case as Samsung old tv purchase of 2020 , the total blame is for this manufacturer , how could Samsung modify the system of an old product who is not gonna be sold in EU MARKETS when this " new eu power regulation " is meant for the new 2021 model , if i find more victims , we could sue Samsung in justice for this adjustment that decreases the picture quality of the q95t .

Samsung doesn't allow any qled tv to be restored to the previous " healthy firmware " and refuses to give us our " customer right " to downgrade from a firmware that damage " intentionally " by Samsong our " own tvs " .WhatsApp Image 2021-05-14 at 12.19.04.jpegScreenshot_2021-05-14 Samsung Q90T thread.png

0 Likes
Nizzyx
First Poster
Options

I have q90t and would like to join the lawsuit

SaMoNe1986
Pioneer
Options

you welcome my friend , what happened exactly to your q90t ?

0 Likes
SaMoNe1986
Pioneer
Options

for my case ,i'm always setting my hdmi input to PC MODE , and it was stunning for media consumption not gaming because i use my pc for work and multimedia , but the picture quality degrades after the 1497 firmware even with the same settings that were perfect for me previously , so i get the same conclusion over and over and that is the 1497 fw has limited the brightness and the cpu voltage and by consequence has detriorated the tv media experience for me , watching my q95t in 2k resolution like watching a cheap chinese tv model , tv is less backlight bright more dimmed and the SDR content are ugly fuzzy and noisy .

0 Likes
galactus75
First Poster
Options

Is it possible to install a firmware from the US site instead as a workaround? I assume those don't have the adjustments to the EU energy regulations.

0 Likes
Laurent6823
Student
Options

Hello everyone, my Qled Neo QN97A has also lost brightness and sharpness since an update. The update installed 1506.00 from France.

0 Likes