Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QN95A problem with local dimming in game mode

(Topic created on: 19-01-2022 09:04 AM)
Lex8989
Pioneer
Options

Hello community,

I have a 65" QN95A and in game mode there is this really weird issue with the local dimming. Basically when local dimming is set to standard or high colors and icons tend to wash out and almost completely lose color depending on the background displayed. Another example is subtitles in games: when they should be completely white they very often turn dim/greyish. Sometimes it's just a part of the subtitles displayed and sometimes it affects the whole subtitles displayed. Also fonts and options present in the Playstation 5 dashboard lose vibrance and luminance as well as colors because of this local dimming issue. There are a lot of people pointing out these issues on online forums as well. Is it possible to verify this issue and fix it through an update?  Only fix I found is to set local dimming to low but brightness and picture quality get a lot worse. 

I'm on the latest firmware 1903 and already tried several factory resets of the TV. 

Here are some pictures that show the problem: the first picture shows the green dot with the local dimming problem. It's really pale and almost lost the entire color. The second picture is how it should look like.

dash auto.jpg

dash native.jpg

14 REPLIES 14
Houmlet
Explorer
Options

Same problem on all qn9Xa TV. Its a big issue! A Lot of reports in severall forums. Please do something Samsung, it is a flagship TV!

myairzsolt
First Poster
Options

Hi

I have exactly same TV and unfortunately exactly same problem. Please fix this.

Thank you 

0 Likes
Nando91
Pioneer
Options

please, any solution to this??, in the menus in the games, icons, ps5 menu and others, the colors are off and you cannot distinguish where you have the cursor or where you have to click, objects that you do not know the color they have... it is irritating a television with these characteristics has this problem...

0 Likes
Nando91
Pioneer
Options

Please, any solution to this??, in the menus in the games, icons, ps5 menu and others, the colors are off and you cannot distinguish where you have the cursor or where you have to click, objects that you do not know the color they have... it is irritating a television with these characteristics has this problem...

0 Likes
WelshWolf79
Student
Options

Are you still looking for a fix?

I have found a fix it's not perfect but it works.

0 Likes
WelshWolf79
Student
Options

Yes I have a solution 

0 Likes
Houmlet
Explorer
Options

Pls Share your fix. Thx 

0 Likes
Nando91
Pioneer
Options

what is the solution that you have given?, thanks @WelshWolf79 

0 Likes
WelshWolf79
Student
Options

Use low local dimming!  Why would you want to use high? It'll burn your eyes out and give you a headache 

0 Likes