Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QN95A missing universal remote and sideways white protective plastics + top left corner of screen protective film is red

(Topic created on: 28-11-2021 05:20 PM)
Ali222
First Poster
Options

Hello,

I purchased 2 Samsung QLED TV's:

1 x QE55QN95AATXXN;

1 x QE55Q80AATXXN;

Both TV's came with the solar remote control but without the universal remote, is that normal? I bought them from Belgium.

Also, the QN95 TV didn't had the sideways white protective plastics(the Q80 has them) and the transparent screen protective film has the top left corner red instead of blue like I saw for most QLED TV's, is this normal? Might be this QN95 TV refurbished? 

I will attach some pictures for a better understanding and waiting for your feedback, thanks.

WhatsApp Image 2021-11-08 at 00.18.49 (1).jpegWhatsApp Image 2021-11-08 at 00.18.49 (2).jpegWhatsApp Image 2021-11-08 at 00.18.49.jpeg

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Sonnny
Apprentice
Options

Hi!

I bought the QN95A myself a few days ago in Sweden. Only solar remote and no protective plastics on the sides just like in your case.

Did you get this sorted out if this is normal for the EU versions?

0 Likes
Ali222
First Poster
Options

Hi, it seems it's normal, I contacted Samsung which are very ... lame at customer support at least here in Belgium and Netherlands, I've been to 3 shops in Belgium to ask and it seems the QN95A doesn't come with the white protectives.... and it comes only with the solar remote, but for example in UK they get also the universal remote... so I guess we Europeans are took by as fools to get only the solar remote.... 

Sonnny  can you post some pics with your TV? what color has the top left sticker on your protective screen? Thanks.

0 Likes
Sonnny
Apprentice
Options

Ok well good to know.
I did not take that many pictures when unpacking but I do have that protective film left and it also has the red sticker.

EC95720C-AB81-4D81-B86D-A4DC7843E4E6.jpeg

Do you have any issues with your QN95A? dse and uniformity?
Mine is the 55” and works flawlessy! 
Only issue I had at the beginning was the grey uniformity/vignetting with a little darker corners. I was unsure about this, but after looking around it seems like this is actually good for a VA panel. Although I thought it should be better for a tv in this range. Overall I’m very happy!

0 Likes
Ali222
First Poster
Options

Hi Sonny and thanks for the picture.

My QN95 is ok, my doubt was only about the protectives and the red sticker, but it works perfectly also I can play PS4 at 60HZ ok, doesn't work at 120HZ like Samsung claims... but maybe this is because PS4 outputs 60HZ only. Thanks for your feed.

0 Likes
giamba23
Explorer
Options

Just got QN95A 55 inch in Italy. Same situation, only solar remote and no protective plastics on the sides.

0 Likes
Sonnny
Apprentice
Options

Was in contact with Samsung and this is normal, at least in europe. If you need the universal remote you need to buy it elsewhere. I did but I ended up only using the solar remote anyway😂