Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QN95A issues when camera pans

(Topic created on: 30-09-2021 04:39 PM)
MWarren11
Apprentice
Options
Has anyone encountered issues with their screen where horizontal panning (eg watching football/playing fifa) shows grey vertical bars on the screen? Picture is fine when largely static, but shows up whenever panning. I've had it on 4 different panels now, each time in different places (one showed it as a big rectangle taking up the bottom right corner, my most recent looks like the screen is split vertically into quarters with the first and third darker than the other 2). Having to leave Samsung as a customer as I've had the issue on 4 separate tvs.
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

That's not what we like to hear, @MWarren11. Could we take the full model code and software version of your TV please? Go to Home > Settings > Support > About this TV. Also, the next time this happens, would you be able to capture a photo of the issue to send through to us?

0 Likes
MWarren11
Apprentice
Options
Hi Chris, here's a screenshot that shows the issue. Note the dark rectangle in the left quarter of the screen (if you divide the screen horizontally into 4, the 1st and 3rd quarters are darker than the other 2). This is a brand new panel that the Samsung engineer fitted yesterday. It's much easier to demonstrate in video, but I wasn't able to upload a video here.Screenshot_20210929-210055_Gallery.jpg
0 Likes
MWarren11
Apprentice
Options
Here's another example20210929_210241_14975.jpg
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@MWarren11: I'm not really able to see the issue in the screenshots provided, unfortunately. What are you using to run Untitled Goose Game e.g. Xbox, Playstation, PC? You could try heading to Home > Settings (cog symbol) > Game Mode, and setting this to Auto or On. Also, head to Settings > General > External Device Manager > Input Signal Plus, and enable this on the HDMI ports that you have your TV set top box or computer connected to. I'd also recommend checking the Picture Settings of your console or PC, and reducing the refresh rate if possible. Let me know how you get on. 

0 Likes
MWarren11
Apprentice
Options
Hi Andrew, I've done all those steps on this and previous units, with no improvement. It's a panel defect, and maddeningly it's present on all tvs but each time in a different place. It occurs on all sources and with the tv's inbuilt apps, again indicating it's a screen issue, not a problem with the source. Watch this video: https://youtu.be/ZYzh2vFd7Sk - you can clearly see the left quarter is darker than the rest of the screen.
0 Likes
MWarren11
Apprentice
Options
Standard response. This is exactly why I'm moving to Sony.
0 Likes