Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QN95A eARC Issue

(Topic created on: 28-12-2021 08:12 PM)
OwenMeasures
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

im sorry if this subject has been covered but I can’t find some specific to my issue. 

I am using 2 Apple HomePods that run through the Apple and play all TV sound through ARC or eARC, I am not having a smooth experience!

turning the TV off and back on again the TV seems to forget the connection and just play sound through the TV Speakers, to get the TV to recognise the devices again I have to either power cycle the Apple TV or set the Audio Return Channel through Apple TV settings again. 

sometimes it will switch from eARC to ARC I occasionally get audio loss either all together or intermittently cutouts out every 5 seconds or so. 

i was wondering if anyone out there was using the same hardware or similar setup experiencing the same issues. 

have tried customer service but they are utterly useless!

any help would be appreciated!! 

TIA

Owen

4 REPLIES 4
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
This page maybe helpful

No sound from the soundbar when using eARC on Samsung TV

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01210285/
0 Likes
OwenMeasures
Apprentice
Options

Most of the time when connected it’s fine, it’s just that it loses connection when off for a longer period of time, if I turn off and straight back on again.. all is good but I either do a hard restart or off for a few hours then I have to set everything back up again! 

0 Likes
bliz84
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I have a Samsung Frame 2021. Actually having issues with ps5 plugged in port 4 for consoles. What a shame from that company "Samsung" not even capable to make work the number 1 console in the world on a hdmi port with a gamepad logo on it. SHAME.

What is happening is simple : you will sometime end in a "please check hdmi cable" error on screen. Ps5 is powered on. Hdmi cable is new. Xou shutdown ps5, same error. You shutdown the frame, work again. Shutdown all systems at night, at morning "please check hdmi cable" ok ok ok ok

What I discovered by myself, and not with the help of samsung support, SURELY NOT, if you disable HDCP in ps5 the issues will still happens but only if you put Art mode and then PS5 goes sleeping when this mode is on. Then, if you want to make it work again without waking up to shutdown this f****d up TV, you have to disable game mode AND HDMI extend on the port 4 on the Frame, then you get the ps5 image back.... BUT WITHOUT HDR or 120hz !!! If you enable back hdmi extend mode, BOOM "please check hdmi.....F**K YOU SAMSUNG

Then you have to reboot ps5 and TV the get back HDR on it.

SHAME SAMSUNG, SHAME !!!!!!!!

Now im trying to never put ps5 with CEC or with time in sleep mode, I shutdown it.

Then I wanted to try a Beosound Stage. 1300$ soundbar. 3000$ TV. DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME !!!!!!!!! NEVER !!!!!!!! IT DOES NOT WORK WITH eARC !!!!!!!!! Beosound Stage go to sleep every 1 minute. So will the Sonos Arc. Samsung The Frame is a joke, I want to throw this sh*t out of my window !!!!!!!

Never Samsung again !!!!!!!!! NEVER

0 Likes
surplusjlo
Journeyman
Options

Same issue whit QN95A. When I turn off the TV for a period longer than 5-10 minutes the return channel of Apple tv 4k 2022 no longer works and the option needs to be reactivated from apple tv. it's really frustrating. It seems to be not a problem of apple tv but of samsung ...I want to specify that I use a certified hdmi earc cable. Anyone have a solution?

0 Likes