Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QN95A black screen with Virgin V6 box

(Topic created on: 28-01-2022 01:16 PM)
Heartsfan
First Poster
Options

Just installed a 75" QN95A television. 

When I attempt to view content from my Virgin V6 box, I get sound, but a black screen,  Menus all work perfectly but getting a picture from live tv, catch up or recordings is impossible.  When using the tv's smart functionality to access content from the internet (such as Netflix) everything works perfectly.  Software on the tv and the Virgin box is all up to date and HDMI ports and cables are all working as expected.

Any idea on what's going wrong?

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
Check connection's
Virgin cable connected
And tivo box connected

With the TV and vigin tv box on
On the TV remote menu choose source
And select the HDMI 1 or HDMI 2
Which ever the virgin box
Is connected too then you should be able to use your virgin remote to choose channel's
0 Likes
Heartsfan
First Poster
Options

Everything is connected properly. But when I choose a channel on Virgin I get sound only - no picture.

0 Likes
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi
Check that all the cables are connected securely. If you still have no picture, try disconnecting and reconnecting the HDMI or SCART cable from the TV to the cable receiver

If still an issue
Virgin are quite good on call-outs could try giving them a call explaining the issue with your tivo box
0 Likes
Heartsfan
First Poster
Options

Virgin were out yesterday. They claim their box is ok so it must be the TV's fault. 

0 Likes
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
Perhaps try contacting support
https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/
Explaining the issue with new tv
Tried all suggested fixes
And virgin think it a tv fault
0 Likes
Heartsfan
First Poster
Options

I've done that already. Samsung support ran some diagnostics and say the TV is fine. Virgin say the same about their box. I don't think they can both be right. 

0 Likes
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
What hdmi cable are you using perhaps a need to invest in a better newer hdmi cable.
0 Likes
Heartsfan
First Poster
Options

My cables are the highest spec available. They're definitely not the source of the problem. 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Heartsfan: Do you have access to another TV that you can try the Virgin box with to see if the issue persists? If not, have you tried connecting it to all available HDMI ports on the TV? If you head to Settings > General > External Device Manager > Input Signal Plus, and toggle this on for the HDMI port that you have the box connected to, does this make a difference? 

0 Likes