Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Qn95a black flicker screen with Xbox series x

(Topic created on: 20-09-2021 11:07 AM)
Members_HAWbIgs
Student
Options

Right I'm about to send this TV back to get my money back. I'm starting to see this has been a recurring fault for a long time on many TVs Samsung have sent out dating back as far as I can see.

Now the black screen issue is a very common problem and I'm slowly seeing that it seems to be a problem with the one connect box and game mode.

If you turn off low latency mode and/or game mode off things are fine but don't look good. The one connect box is just warm and there's no issues with flickering etc.

However, once you want the best from your TV for things like call of duty cold war and put game mode on with low latency  also on, you start to get random black screen cut outs over an hour or so of constant gaming with the one connect box getting very! Toasty (to the touch is boiling hot so i dread to think of the inside temp). This to me is indicating it's a poor design sliming it down with hardly much if not any proper ventilation or cooling solution.

Now I'm not sure if it's the game mode, low latency option turned off or the one connect box over heating that's causing the annoying black screens and loading black screens from happening. But going from game to dashboard and having a stupid Samsung loading  circle screen gets very annoying. Overall everything for 120hz for gaming just seems like a poor design.

120hz should be sorted by now in 2021 and everything shouldn't be a problem. This fault as I've mentioned is a recurring thing dating back on older TVs and it seems to be still happening.

What I would like to see, which seems not a single Samsung reply explaining the problem or fault with all these one connect box issues other than playing dumb that the problems are new to them or don't exist and need a technician to be sent out it's been a recurring thing and it isn't new, when there's literally thread after thread on not only Samsung's forums but other sites too...

It would be nice to know why this is a constant problem. Game mode on the TV is absolutely rubbish... every screen or game exitingor entering a game or mode the screen would need to take longer to work itself out. Turning game mode odd fixes the black screen issue and I've noticed turning the low latency option on the Xbox series X does too.

The black screens thats hapoening is random and can only be seen while gaming for about an hour or more in 120hz with every option on, on the Xbox and with game mode on. But why does the one connect box get so hot when you put these options on! I check the box after every black screen and it's always very hot touch so there's some clear link why black screens are happening here my guess is poor circulation keeping things cool inside. This shouldn't be happening on a TV costing over £2k all the old problems shouldn't exist! 

New cables are not the problem it's a Samsung problem the ultra speed cable that came with the Xbox series x and also been told by Xbox to use works fine on other TVs. To also add this is a problem with ps5s too looking at other sites.

All this has been tried and tested on basic games like final fantasy 8 remastered and more depending games like cold war all present the same issues regardless.

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
Luke6
First Poster
Options

@Members_HAWbIgs wrote:

Right I'm about to send this TV back to get my money back. I'm starting to see this has been a recurring fault for a long time on many TVs Samsung have sent out dating back as far as I can see.

Now the black screen issue is a very common problem and I'm slowly seeing that it seems to be a problem with the one connect box and game mode.

If you turn off low latency mode and/or game mode off things are fine but don't look good. The one connect box is just warm and there's no issues with flickering etc.

However, once you want the best from your TV for things like call of duty cold war and put game mode on with low latency  also on, you start to get random black screen cut outs over an hour or so of constant gaming with the one connect box getting very! Toasty (to the touch is boiling hot so i dread to think of the inside temp). This to me is indicating it's a poor design sliming it down with hardly much if not any proper ventilation or cooling solution.

Now I'm not sure if it's the game mode, low latency option turned off or the one connect box over heating that's causing the annoying black screens and loading black screens from happening. But going from game to dashboard and having a stupid Samsung loading  circle screen gets very annoying. Overall everything for 120hz for gaming just seems like a poor design.

120hz should be sorted by now in 2021 and everything shouldn't be a problem. This fault as I've mentioned is a recurring thing dating back on older TVs and it seems to be still happening.

What I would like to see, which seems not a single Samsung reply explaining the problem or fault with all these one connect box issues other than playing dumb that the problems are new to them or don't exist and need a technician to be sent out it's been a recurring thing and it isn't new, when there's literally thread after thread on not only Samsung's forums but other sites too...

It would be nice to know why this is a constant problem. Game mode on the TV is absolutely rubbish... every screen or game exitingor entering a game or mode the screen would need to take longer to work itself out. Turning game mode odd fixes the black screen issue and I've noticed turning the low latency option on the Xbox series X does too.

The black screens thats hapoening is random and can only be seen while gaming for about an hour or more in 120hz with every option on, on the Xbox and with game mode on. But why does the one connect box get so hot when you put these options on! I check the box after every black screen and it's always very hot touch so there's some clear link why black screens are happening here my guess is poor circulation keeping things cool inside. This shouldn't be happening on a TV costing over £2k all the old problems shouldn't exist! 

New cables are not the problem it's a Samsung problem the ultra speed cable that came with the Xbox series x and also been told by Xbox to use works fine on other TVs. To also add this is a problem with ps5s too looking at other sites.

All this has been tried and tested on basic games like final fantasy 8 remastered and more depending games like cold war all present the same issues regardless.

I feel your pain, I just paid £4300 for their new 8k TV and am having the same issue with my ps5 but I have even had it happen without game mode on. I'm thinking about switching to LGs oled as apparently it's much better for gaming but it's just a shame for all the ballache. Have you had any luck with yours?

0 Likes
SpokkX
Journeyman
Options

Do you still have these issues after the new firmware 1805.4?

0 Likes
Luke6
First Poster
Options

Yes. I've checked the updates, done the troubleshooting, contacted samsung, gone through their remote management and let them have a go and the problem still persists. By the looks of things and what people are saying on the forums is there's a hardware issue which causes the TV to struggle to read HDMI cables causing the signal to drop in and out as it loses connection to the source. Sometimes It tells me I need a higher quality HDMI even though mine is 2.1. Other times it works with no problem. I've tried another new cable with no success and my ps5 works on the other tvs in my house so I know it's not my console. It also does it with my Xbox now which is a normal HDMI 2.0 so it's not just a 2.1 problem. I've arranged for the TV to be returned now because I can't risk waiting longer than the 30 days after purchase for the problem to be fixed as if it's not fixed I'm going to be stuck with the TV and won't be able to return it.

0 Likes
SpokkX
Journeyman
Options

So you tried 1805.4 (that came out last friday)

0 Likes
Luke6
First Poster
Options

There are no new updates for the TV.

0 Likes
SpokkX
Journeyman
Options

Firmware updates are rolled out slowly.. you should st least check that your specific set got the latest 1805.4

My wont update either yet - even though i am on an older firmware

0 Likes
Luke6
First Poster
Options

It says it's on 1805 but John Lewis are picking up the TV Wednesday so I've got 2 more days for it to update to see if it works but I can't risk waiting any longer than that for a fix that potentially won't correct the problem and then leave me outside my 30 day purchase window to return the product.

0 Likes
Members_HAWbIgs
Student
Options

Mine is on standby and set to update when not in use so no update seems to fixed the issues.

Today while play ff10 I had no issues but that's not a graphical game (one connect box is cool). Straight after in the evening, teamed up with a friend on call of duty cold war and this is in 120hz in 8bit so no excuse the TV should have issues as the data on the 2.1 cable is enough as this would out data on the lowest end. And yet again several the annoying black screens while in game. When this happens if you check the back (or top of the one connect box) the metal coaxial and other metal parts are very very hot! This seems to be what is causing people the annoying ethernet disconnections as I get this when it boiling hot on the one connect box.  When I say hot you touch the top of the box it's as hot as a freshly boiled kettle!!.

For me this TV will be sent back. This is shocking that this has passed quality checks ... Looking back in the forum's these issues are still constantly happening ... No fix or firmware update will solve this box over heating it needs better cooling soloutions like fans and better. Very poor design indeed.

I'm shocked 

0 Likes
bkjmaverick
Journeyman
Options

Same thing is happening with my almost 3 year old q7fn, worked perfectly in that time with my Xbox one X, have these issues constantly with the new Series X. It happens on other hdmi sources as well now, I noticed it on my Chromecast last night. I'm at my wit's end. 

0 Likes