Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QN95 1903 firmware - WI-FI issues

(Topic created on: 19-01-2022 04:40 PM)
MichaelCK
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

Last year after one of the software updates, WI-FI became extremely slow on my previous Q6FN, and to be able to normally stream HD and 4K content, many users on here and myself had to use Ethernet cable instead of Wi-Fi. The issue was fixed after another update. 

Currently immediately after updating the software to 1903 on the current TV QN95 a couple of days ago, there was an issue with internet speeds. It’s again impossible to watch any HD and 4K content as the WI-FI speed on the TV is max 5-9mbps with 500mbps broadband at home. Again Ethernet cable fixes the issue and everything is working as expected. iPhones, iPads, laptops have no Wi-Fi issue at all. The issue appeared immediately after installing the 1903 version.

Anyone else is having the same issue by any chance?

#qn95 #1903 #firmware

22 REPLIES 22
MattE12345
First Poster
Options

I have the Q80A and all was fine till software version 1903 was downloaded the other day and now my wifi intermittently drops every 10 minutes. This obviously is annoying whilst trying to stream any content. Another software fix is needed promptly

#1903 #firmare #wifi

ilya777
First Poster
Options

Hi, 

I updated my Samsung TV to 1903 firmware. Now a few times a day TV losing WIFI connection. Before this update, everything worked fine. As you said, same for me, Ipads, phones are working as before without any problem.

Something needs to be done :S

Pasi80
First Poster
Options

i noticed that to. I use 5ghz connection. Now tv just  stop working when in use about 20-40min streaming Netflix and HBO.  I had to reset wifi and start wifi again at TV. My phone and laptop works fine. Earlier update 1805 worked better. Now 1903 has some serious problems. I've contacted service in Finland they told me to reset wifi broadband nd TV to factory reset. Didn't work the issue is there. Hopefully they'll work whit this fast and fix this issue. My tv is Q80A.

Nisja
Student
Options
Glad it's not just us - TV updated 3 days ago and the WiFi randomly drops out mid-stream. It's infuriating.
Members_PJzxqfR
First Poster
Options

Same issue for my qe55q70aatxzt last update 1903

0 Likes
Members_XRBcq5A
Student
Options

The sam ***** with wifi....

0 Likes
larry sherman
First Poster
Options

So, what does 1903 supposedly fix?  I'm getting a new q80a this weekend delivered.  Should I wait to update firmware, or live with what's on it for a while.

0 Likes
Members_XRBcq5A
Student
Options

Samsung removed 1903 from the website! A new firmware scould come soon i think! I have truble with wifi after upgrade to 1903... i have talk to samsun nothing helps.

MichaelCK
Apprentice
Options

I spoke with them immediately after the update and the lady I was speaking with basically tried to tell me I was stupid. Unfortunately I had to tell her she was a waste of time and knows nothing about tech and disconnected the chat. 

0 Likes