Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QN94A VRR off in Game Menu

(Topic created on: 11-06-2022 05:54 PM)
neile120
Student
Options

Having a bit of a weird issue with the QN94A with PlayStation 5, VRR is on and appears to be working fine judging by the PS5 saying VRR is on, but it shows as off on the pop up game menu on the TV.

Anyone have any solutions as it shows VRR is running with an Xbox, just not the PS5

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
AndrewL
Options

@neile120: Have you checked the PS5 Video Settings to ensure that VRR is toggled on? If it is, VRR may show as being off in the Game Mode bar while you're in the PS5 home screen, therefore please try launching a game which supports it, then press and hold the play/pause button on the Smart Remote to see if it the status changes. If you tap the large circular button on the Smart Remote, and check the pop up in the top right corner, then this will also show if Freesync is active. Let me know how you get on. 

0 Likes
neile120
Student
Options
I've just tried a VRR compatible game and it shows VRR is on in the top right of the screen if I press the centre button on the remote but it shows it's VRR off on the bottom menu if I press the Play/Pause button.
jvinnj
Student
Options

I have had this same issue on QN90A and looking online I see a number of people having the same problem both with PS5 and XBox. Here's an example:

https://www.reddit.com/r/4kTV/comments/ud3k2m/does_anybody_knows_why_vrr_appears_as_off_tv_is_a/

0 Likes
Noamp
Explorer
Options

There a new frimware ver that fix the problem 

I have the qn90a and its shows vrr on after the update 

You can find the update via your local region samsung website

0 Likes