Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QN94A firmware 2101 Netflix broken Dolby Atmos

(Topic created on: 08-09-2022 07:21 PM)
Drabble
Apprentice
Options

Firmware 2101 on my QN94A 2021 QLED has broken Dolby Atmos on the internal Netfilx app, it did also break Atmos on all other apps and inputs but have manged get Atmos back with a series of resets and replugs expect for Netflix which still shows 5.1 using a HW-Q700A soundbar with firmware 1010.1.

EDIT: From the various model numbers reported it appears that this issue affects the T-NKM2DEUC platform in general.

A user on a another forum suggested re-pairing the solar remote to the TV to get the battery level back which has worked for me. You can re-pair the solar remote to the TV by holding down the backup and play/pause buttons on the remote until the TV reports that the pairing is successful.

30 REPLIES 30
Rajk2002
Apprentice
Options

ATMOS is working again, the netflix app done an update this morning and all working again.

W1GGL3Z
Journeyman
Options

I won’t be able to check until I get home. I hope you’re right! 🤞🤞

0 Likes
scuba22
First Poster
Options

Still broken on my qn900a

I am in Australia so I will check again tomorrow

0 Likes
Rajk2002
Apprentice
Options

When i turned tv on, and clicked netflix message came up 'updating'.

Samsung tv update version still shows as 2101.

Hopefully sorted for the rest of you.

0 Likes
kris_p
Journeyman
Options

I can confirm. After the update Atmos is also working again on my QN92A.

0 Likes
tungngt1206
Apprentice
Options

My QN85A still the same version and no update version available on samsung apps

0 Likes
tungngt1206
Apprentice
Options

Guys what is your Netflix app ver? Mine shows the newest ver is 5.3.27 but the installed ver is 5.3.3. So confusing 😂

0 Likes
kris_p
Journeyman
Options

Mine is 5.3.27, UI release is 20220909.

I also think that it wasn't an update for the Netflix app that solved the issue. My TV showed me that 'Apps & Services' got updated when I opened Netflix today..

0 Likes
tungngt1206
Apprentice
Options

Like a miracle i just turn off and turn on the tv again and my tv showed like yours. Everything is now fine. So from now we dont want to enable auto update? 😂

0 Likes
kris_p
Journeyman
Options

Grats! :smiling-face:

The problem with turning off automatic updates is that Samsung reverses the right to install certain updates even when automatic updates is turned off, as it was the case with the 2101 update...

0 Likes