Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QN94A always plays content from DLNA server from beginning

(Topic created on: 05-09-2021 12:39 PM)
Members_Zs2mLSx
Apprentice
Options

Just bought the 50" QN94A Neo QLED TV. After setup my Buffalo NAS Twonky server was found on my network and I can see and play the content on it. However, if I stop playback and restart it always restarts from the beginning instead of continuing from where I had got to. Even worse I can only get back to that point by fast forwarding through what I have already viewed which is no fun when you are already 90 minutes through a film. Same files put onto a pendrive and played from that remember where I had got to by default, but the NAS is supposed to make that sort of shenanigans unneccesary.

So can anyone suggest what I can do to rectify this

OR

Is there an alternative, better DLNA client I can install on the TV please? (Note: NOT Plex as I can't install the Plex media server on my Buffalo NAS)

5 REPLIES 5
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The issue lies with your NAS. You should reach out to them for support. The only thing I picked up in my research is to disable upnp.
Members_Zs2mLSx
Apprentice
Options

Thanks Pugs1957, I will look into that.

Members_Zs2mLSx
Apprentice
Options

Coming back to this problem; I've asked for advice on Buffalo forums, but am told that it must be a TV client issue. So I did some tests. First I set up my Windows PC as a DLNA server and that has the same issue of the TV not remembering the resume point and restarting from the beginning. I also tried accessing both the Twonky DLNA server and Windows DLNA server from my old Sony TV and that does remember the resume point for both of them.

Therefore the problem does lie with the brand new "Smart" Samsung TV. So any suggestions on what I moght try please?

SamuelCosens
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem on my 50" Frame.

xxlvoyager
First Poster
Options

The same problem Neo QLED  65"

0 Likes