Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Qn90b

(Topic created on: 21-11-2022 12:06 AM)
Willg99
First Poster
Options
Anyone know the best setting for qn90b this would help.
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
SereneH
Options

@Willg99 Are you referring to picture settings? 

giphy.gif
0 Likes
Willg99
First Poster
Options
Yes thanks
0 Likes
SereneH
Options

@Willg99 People have different eyesight, colour sensitiveness, and light sensitiveness. Your own eyes will tell you what looks best. Be sure to adjust the picture settings available.

In the Picture menu in the settings, you can also change the Picture Mode, the Picture Size Settings, and the Expert Settings, which include settings such as Brightness, Contrast, Sharpness, and the Backlight.

Head into your Menu > Settings > All Settings > Picture > Picture Mode. You can select the Picture Mode that provides the best viewing experience.

• Dynamic
Makes the picture brighter and clearer in bright viewing environments.
• Standard
Is the default mode suitable for general viewing environments.
• Movie
Is suitable for watching TV or movies in a dark room.

We hope this helps to improve your Samsung TV viewing 😊.

giphy.gif
Willg99
First Poster
Options
Thanks for your help.
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Willg99   Certainly need to experiment.  Generally  I think the Motion Smoothness Settings such as Auto Motion Plus are  best kept to a minimum , though may need blur or  Judder Reduction. It can depend on content though high levels can cause Soap Opera Effect.Some suggestions on Rtings but still subjective and preferences will differ. 

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/qn90b-qled  

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Mac891
First Poster
Options

I am having problems getting the picture size setting correct, especially when using an external device, blue ray play and shield device. Picture setting set to 16:9 Standard and Fit to Screen, everything else is greyed out, but still picture is looking like it 4:3. I have tried as reset to no avail, have I missed something?

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Mac891: Is the issue persistent for all content that you view on your external device? It may be the case that the aspect ratio of the content itself is set to 4:3 - this is especially common in older movies and TV shows - and choosing 'Fit to Screen' will distort and stretch the image, so this isn't recommended. Supported picture sizes differ with the input signal, which is why some options will be greyed out for you. Typically, however, selecting '16:9 Standard will provide a full screen picture for supported content. 

0 Likes