(Topic created on: 30-11-2022 12:22 PM)
K13GRY
Apprentice
Options

Hi all,

I purchased a #QE55QN90B last week, big upgrade from my 6yr old Samsung  😁

Could somebody clarify the latest Software/Firmware version

My device is showing software version 1310.1

But the Samsung UK website shows the latest as 1304.1 (Release date November 10th 2022): https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/QE55QN90BATXXU/#downloads

Quite a difference in version numbers...

Looking at the Samsung website for other Countries, I see they're showing 1403 versions. Also, people are referencing 1420 (Which resolves flickering issues when gaming).

I've run the OTA update, but it confirms 1310.1 is the latest version?!

Thanks.

13 REPLIES 13
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

HI @K13GRY  1304.1 seems to be the latest available at present in the Uk, sure this was originally dated as August though.  I do not have any information on 1310 but only available OTA.  see the changelogs for 2022 models on the German site which I also detail here.  https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/tv/tv-firmware-changelogs-on-german-community/m-p/1846870#M44087 

Some issues reported though, noteably on VRR and word a few weeks ago that it would be pulled.  Information from  AVS Forum  on Samsung site from user @dropouts (translated)

The SEA corporate office just called to follow up on the engineering call last night. Awareness and engagement are high with all the bells that can be rung being rung (here and overseas). Assured me without even asking they are on top of this  on this. Engineering will be following up with me directly once they have the fix in hand (software update). Confirmed the halted rollout and we discussed the matter of pulling the update from the main site too. He hinted that they were looking to have a new one up quickly enough that it would not be a major concern. Still totally impressed by the service at this level. Very transparent, professional, and engaged.

So, I did get the green light from corporate to bend engineering's ear about other concerns (likeBT.2020 mapping) and bugs I've encountered on the tail end of this thing but I have to be able to demonstrate them on my own set so they can be logged. Working to simplify a bug reporting form for you all so I can replicate it on my TV first to pass through to engineering. 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options
Its getting abit odd with the q95b's new software version shown on the website being lower than the previous over the air down load.
G G
K13GRY
Apprentice
Options
Yep - That's what confused me.
0 Likes
Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options
Definitely found issue with 1403.6 and flickering with hdr. Was hoping the november software on the website was a downgrading to 1304.1 but of course the tv doesnt except it being new software if you try usb.
G G
WidowsonLV
Apprentice
Options
Hello!. I have a QN90B with PC amd ryzen 5600x and Gpu 6700xt. There is instability in the reproduction of Game Mode in VRR 144hz, it works only at times. Firmware 1420, in Argentina.
0 Likes
GregQn90b
Apprentice
Options

Hi team Qn90B. @K13GRY, Just bought my Qn90B. im really happy with it gaming wise. Its currently running 1420, im guessing this is the latest as the option to update software is disabled. 

Ive noticed something off though, which shouldnt be happening with a tv this expensive. Everytime i watch sport or something with motion in video, there is a judder / stutter. Happens intermittently. 

For example, watching soccer / premier league, the ball motion stutters / skips frames / judders. 

How is this possible with such a top of the line tv. Any point in me upgrading firmware manually from the USA firmware site? Any fixes?

Željan Alduk
First Poster
Options

It is a shame for top-of-line tv to perform that poorly.  Menu navigation is slow and sluggish, new Tizen is a big disappointment.  The moving picture often seems too slow or too fast, like it has some variable frame rate, so it starts to speed up or slow down to catch up, which does not look natural. And during this transition, it often starts to stutter as someone already reported.  It could be a great tv if the software was better. 

Members_u8RuM4r
First Poster
Options

Turn off picture clarity, do not put it on auto or custom just turn it off completely and this will stop the issue you are having. Until samsung fix this with an update hopefully then it will always happen if these setting are on. Hope this helps. 

0 Likes
GregQn90b
Apprentice
Options

thanks, let me try switching off picture clarity for the motion judder. In other news, i see there is a 1450something firmware out? anyone tried it?

0 Likes