Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QN800A

(Topic created on: 06-04-2022 08:18 PM)
Iddy
Journeyman
Options

Bought the Samsung QN800A recently but seem to be having issues when connecting external devices to the One Connect Box.

I connected a Sony UBPX700 blu ray player to the one connect it recognises that its a blu ray player the "sony" logo flashes briefly on screen and then I'm left with a black screen. You can hear sound from the blu ray player but the screen is black.

I tried the sony ubpx700 with 3 other tvs and it works perfectly and no black screen.

Having the same issue when my xbox series x is connected to the one connect. Games play perfectly but if using the 4k uhd player black screen or hdcp error.

It's the same black screen when I connect my ps5 and only works if I select hdcp1.4.

I tried a sony strdn1080 receiver and that's the same too sony logo flashes and then black screen. Trying the receiver on any other in the tv in the household it works perfectly.

I've power restarted the devices, tried changing the hdmi cable, factory resets but still the same result.

Has anyone had any hdcp/hdmi connection problems on their one connect box that they have resolved?

I figure it's the one connect box and its hdmi/hdcp related as it only occurs on external devices.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Iddy
Journeyman
Options

@ChrisM Hi Chris, it was exactly what I said, hdmi/hdcp issue. Had the engineer over today to replace the hdmi board and is now fixed. Can now connect external devices without issue. Brilliant customer service from Samsung and Electronic Services Swansea (appointed repairers) 👏🏾 👍🏾

View solution in context

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @Iddy 

Could we take the full model code and current software version of your TV please? Go to Home > Settings > About This TV.

0 Likes
Iddy
Journeyman
Options
QE75QN800ATXXU
T-OSCPDEUC-1903.0
Has been reported already and appointment booked with Engineers to look at the One Connect Box.
0 Likes
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

No problem, @Iddy. Let us know how you get on!

0 Likes
Iddy
Journeyman
Options
Will do.
Think it's hdmi/hdcp at the one connect box.
0 Likes
Solution
Iddy
Journeyman
Options

@ChrisM Hi Chris, it was exactly what I said, hdmi/hdcp issue. Had the engineer over today to replace the hdmi board and is now fixed. Can now connect external devices without issue. Brilliant customer service from Samsung and Electronic Services Swansea (appointed repairers) 👏🏾 👍🏾

0 Likes
MillsMills
First Poster
Options

Thankful to have found this thread as this issue has been driving me haywire. What is the process to have an engineer look at the kne connect box?

0 Likes