Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Qn700a sky q issue

(Topic created on: 01-07-2021 02:22 PM)
Mark Harvey
Apprentice
Options

Feel I’ve just wasted £4500 on a qn700a bro qled. Had a full day on to Samsung who say tv fine.  Had 5 hours with a sky engineer who tried everything possible including 3 completely new boxes.  Can’t get a picture off sky q at all. Just flashes.  
sky satalite box will work fine.  So I have a 8k tv and best I can watch on it is hd.  Really not happy. Any ideas.  There can’t be much that’s not been tried

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Mark Harvey  Sorry you have seem to have a major issue with SkyQ on the  qn700a.   A lot of this might have been tried but here are some of the possible solutions.

In some cases  people do need to reboot Q Box and also possibly Tv  or change HDMI cable.   Obviously  some have more problems than others and appreciate the frustrations.    From my understanding there have been more problems with the first generation Boxes, now on 3rd generation and those Boxes with external power supply work better but you may have that one.   However this will not be universal.    Some customers have found that issues happen  less often if they change the ECO setting to None but would still need to put the Box into standby manually. Changing HDMI control option has had an effect for some customers too.

However there was information earlier  that there is an compatibility problem with the One Connect Box   and whilst they do work ok together the tuning of the distribution of the One Connect Box (q part of it) needs resetting at times.  However having said this most problems have been intermittent  and work for a time with resets. Sky software engineers  have been working on it but as far as I am aware have not yet found a solution.   

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Mark Harvey
Apprentice
Options

Hi James.  Thanks for the input.  Had 2 full days on this.  Tried everything you’ve mention quite a few times now. Bought new hdmi cables.  Had sky round for 5 hours trying to resolve it.  I have there latest box now brand new.  Best I can get on the Q box is a flash on for 30 seconds then off again on 1080i only.  If I try any other resolution it says not connected to a uhd monitor   Samsung engineers tried for 3 hours then said it was sky box.  Sky Tbf spent hours and left saying it’s tv issue.  The tv also will recognise my Sony atmos home cinema but won’t show a picture either.  I feel Samsung selling a tv that’s currently not fit for purpose.  Picture is brilliant with online material.  But only other thing I can get working on it is a Blu-ray player

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Mark Harvey  Just thought I would check, realise will be frustrating.   Hopefully can be some resolution between Sky and Samsung,otherwise perhaps other  options to pursue.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Mark Harvey
Apprentice
Options

After trying every option possible many times.  Many wasted days and nights.  The tv is really good off internet. But will not show a picture off main sky q box at all.  Samsung technical and sky have all spent hours on it too.  It will show a picture off a sky remote box. But this has to be unplugged and rebooted everytime it’s turned on to get a picture. And best resolution is hd.   
so I’ve decided to return the tv for refund. This tv is not currently fit for purpose.  Which is a shame as it’s really impressive when it’s on internet based things

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Mark Harvey  Sorry a resolution could not be found, realise returning was your best option(even if TV  delivers high quality on the internet side)

0 Likes
obitv
Pathfinder
Options

Hi,

If not too late why dont try activating or deactivating the input signal plus settings depending on which is selected now.

Goto menu---general-external device manager - input signal plus -- and simply activate or deactivate the current settings.

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
  • @obitv Input signal settings needed for UHD,however imagine that would have been tried. In any case pretty sure  @Mark Harvey 's TV has been returned.

0 Likes