Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

QN55Q80TAFXZC and JBL 9.1 atmos issue (eARC)

(Topic created on: 23-09-2020 07:52 PM)
noujach
First Poster
Options

Hello,

purchased the QN55Q80TAFXZC and JBL 9.1 soundbar. Both devices support atmos. I connected the soundbar via eARC. When navigating in the sound option I am not able to enable the Atmos option. It's grayed out. When I play the Okja movie on Netflix Premium my bar displays Dolby Surround and not Dolby Atmos (since the Atmos logo does not appear on the movie it makes sense). 

I factory reset the TV and made sure that the firmware was up to date. I disconnected all devices and remove power on both devices and still not luck.

Is this a known issue ?

Thanks !

IMG_20200916_164641_01.jpgIMG_20200916_164615_01 (1).jpgIMG_20200916_164622_01.jpgIMG_20200917_082122.jpg

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15
theredd
Journeyman
Options

Hey 👋 

I have the same problem with my Q90t and the jbl 9.1 bar. Never got the atmos logo on the jbl bar and never seen it on the native app on the samsung tv.

I used the hdmi earc connection for tv and bar.

The option for atmos is also greyed out so I can not activate it. Read al lot of forums never got it worked for me. Why is it so hard to let it work, you pay a lot of money for these products.

Mnwild
Apprentice
Options

**UPDATE AT BOTTOM**

I have the q90t and jbl 9.1 as well with the same issue. I'm running the nvidia shield through the soundbar to the tv. Earc on auto with passthrough on, but still the dolby atmos capability toggle remains "greyed out". I'm really fearing that samsung won't support this bar for some stupid reason. I am dying for an answer and haven't had luck with threads.

**UPDATE**

I turned on the tv this morning to a notification that read "dolby atmos device detected". I quickly opened the sound settings to find the once greyed out compatibility box solid and already enabled. I opened the Netflix app on my nvidia shield and played an atmos supported tv show. The soundbar read "dolby atmos dd+".

I thought it might have been an overnight patch, but it looks like my software (1301 version) can still be updated - so I really dont know. Now that it is working I dont plan on updating it because I'd risk losing it. I hope whatever changed for me happens for the rest of you and im sorry I cant bring any solid answers.

0 Likes
noujach
First Poster
Options

Did you check if the soundbar changed firmware version ?

0 Likes
theredd
Journeyman
Options

Can you test if its working on the samsung apps instead of the Nvidia shield? And are you using hdmi 2.1 cables? Or hdmi 2.0 or lower?

0 Likes
Mnwild
Apprentice
Options

When the change happened the soundbar was connected to my wifi so it could have updated while I slept. I reset my soundbar to see if it would have an effect and atmos was still available. I'm not sure how to check the current firmware it is running, but I keep it linked to wifi (through google home) so it updates.

0 Likes
Mnwild
Apprentice
Options

I switched to the samsung tv app, played the source, and checked the sound setting menu - atmos capability still remained and was checked.

I am using two 2.0 cables.

0 Likes
Solution
theredd
Journeyman
Options

It updated today, I think the firmware is now 

20371180 checked it in Google home

0 Likes
noujach
First Poster
Options

You can retrieve the firmware via the google home app.

0 Likes
Mnwild
Apprentice
Options

Thanks.

System firmware version: 20371180

Cast firmware version: 1.40.156411

0 Likes