Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QLED TV universal remote settings

(Topic created on: 20-05-2020 09:21 AM)
bear57
Apprentice
Options

I have a Q60 QLED TV. I have set up the universal remote to operate my Virgin Media box and my Panasonic BluRay Player.

My problem is that I cannot set it up to operate my Edision OS Mega satellite box.  Edision is not listed on the drop down menu of manufacturers in the universal remote setup screen.

Can anyone help get this working?

Thanks

Steve

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Cadger
First Poster
Options

Hi there,

Had same problem, sometimes the TV allows setup of the box under edision as provider and os mega as box but sometimes not, very odd. As a workaround if you go to settings and general, external device manager and the enable the input signal plus for the hdmi which the is mega is connected to, it should allow you to channel surf and use your guide using the up and down buttons. It can be temperamental and ideally Samsung should release an update to include the codes for these edision boxes which are great and widely used. Hope this helps.

0 Likes
bear57
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for your reply. I am not in a position to try your suggestions at the moment but I will over the next week and let you know how i got on.

Have to agree Edision box is great and Samsung should add the codes for set up.

I did contact customer support and they were no help whatsoever.

Steve

0 Likes
Cadger
First Poster
Options

Agreed, proper codes needed. When trying this give the eArc about 30 seconds to kick in when powering up the box from standby. Single EPG should work using up and down on the remote and volume power etc also. Be sure to go into your CEC settings on the edision to turn off the wake TV from standby option as we had a lovely surprise in the middle of the night when the EPG refreshed and TV came on blaring!

0 Likes
bear57
Apprentice
Options

Hi,  Just an update to let you know that I had no success in setting the os mega up with universal remote. 

Thanks for your help.

I'll try contacting Samsung again. wish me luck!!

0 Likes