Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Qled Screen Failed After 18 Months

(Topic created on: 10-04-2021 07:16 AM)
Marcv
First Poster
Options

Hi community I have a 65inch Qled purchased in 2019 after 18 months of owning this great TV it failed to turn on and its now stuck in a boot loop. As this tv is out of warranty it was taken to a local repair centre and they have diagnosed a faulty led panel after replacing the power supply . Clearly after paying £1300 I'm not happy with Samsung this model is clearly engineerd to fail in the hopes of purchasing  a new TV after the short warranty given by Samsung. After many years of being a loyal Samsung customer i will now no longer be purchasing any Samsung products in the future. 

16 REPLIES 16
Adrian_Kilgour
Pioneer
Options
I bought a 2020 qled in October and this is now worrying me.
0 Likes
obitv
Pathfinder
Options
Hey Marv, what's your model no? The bottom end q6 series seem to have a mainboard issue and not always panel failure
0 Likes
TutTut
First Poster
Options
*I am also disappointed with Samsung. I purchased a QLED900R 75Inch 8k. Flagship model.They have promised to upgrade my One Connect Box to the 8K box. As its the 4K Ultra HD. The box needs USB 2.1. Yet, Samsung seem quite happy selling their newer models
I am presently considering, complaining to Trading Standards.

0 Likes
Atrain3
First Poster
Options

I have a 2017 7 series QLED TV that had the same problems as yours, constant boot loop. Took it to a local repair shop today and they called me to let me know it is a panel short and to replace the screen would cost more than purchasing a new TV. So now my 3.5 year old TV is nothing but scrap metal. I expect more from Samsung. I expect a TV that I paid almost $2,000 for to last more than 3.5 years. Of course Samsung and their world famous horrible customer support basically told me to F off. This is unacceptable, off to their competition I go. Stand by your products Samsung.

dwmeganbob
First Poster
Options

I bought the QN75Q9FN model about 3 years ago and just got the same diagnosis from my local repair shop.  My unit went into the boot loop error, and I took it in for repair and was told the same thing - that the screen's main board has a short and only half the screen will work at a time when powered directly.  The main board can't be separated from the screen which renders the whole unit unrepairable.

This is shocking to me that a Samsung TV, that was over $3000, can not be repaired or would fail after such a short time with general residential usage.  Needless to say I will never purchase a Samsung TV again.  I guess I should have looked more closely at their weak 1 year warranty....buyer beware!

LG just got a new customer! 

umyeahyeahyeah
First Poster
Options

My Samsung QLED Q7F 55" is dead after only 13,117 hours. I got the hour count from my local service tech after he accessed the service menu. On the phone with Samsung customer service I'd asked her what is the expected hours I should get from a Samsung TV?  she said over 100,000 hours. I told her obviously 13,117 hours is a defective product then. She put me on hold several times, then went through the call script. "We're sorry at dis time, Unfortunately no can help you with dis TV, because dis TV is now out of warranty. 

I don't care if it's in warranty or not. I spent nearly $2k on this TV. A bad batch of components?, or whatever happened, your company should take care of your customers. You can shear a sheep many times, but you can only skin a sheep once.  I've given away all my other TV's to family and friends, Panasonic, Sharp, they're all still working to this very day, the Sharp is 18 years old,  the Panasonic over 10 years old. The QLED TV however is not working due to inferior components, bad workmanship, I don't really care why it's not working. Samsung isn't making any attempt to stand behind their FAULTY products. That's not how I would envision Samsung doing business.  The worst TV experience of my life, I will never buy another Samsung product of any kind. Hard to believe that executives at Samsung want to lose customers in this fashion. You think they'd realize customer experience is the most important measure of success.

My local tech says he's been seeing Samsung early failures all the time lately, he recommended LG, so I just bought my first LG!!

Thiscompanysucks
First Poster
Options

I've had the QLED 85" tv for 29 months now. It developed a large black bar down the front of it. A Samsung certified tech said it was a panel issue. After multiple calls to this awful company they told me to "buy a new tv". I thought they were a better company than this but sadly I was proven wrong. As other have said on this thread. BUYER BEWARE!!!

0 Likes
Julio Contreras
First Poster
Options

its happen the same to me, im from chile and i have a 65” qled tv y buy it in sept 21 , i have faith with samsung 🙏🙏🙏🙏

0 Likes
robert143
First Poster
Options

mine is 3 months old and samsung would not honor the warranty

0 Likes