Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Qled Screen Failed After 18 Months

(Topic created on: 30-03-2021 06:16 PM)
Marcv
First Poster
Options
TV

Hi community I have a 65inch Qled purchased in 2019 after 18 months of owning this great TV it failed to turn on and its now stuck in a boot loop. As this tv is out of warranty it was taken to a local repair centre and they have diagnosed a faulty led panel after replacing the power supply . Clearly after paying £1300 I'm not happy with Samsung this model is clearly engineerd to fail in the hopes of purchasing  a new TV after the short warranty given by Samsung. After many years of being a loyal Samsung customer i will now no longer be purchasing any Samsung products in the future. 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Adrian_Kilgour
Pioneer
Options
TV
I bought a 2020 qled in October and this is now worrying me.
0 Likes
masterob1
Navigator
Options
TV
Hey Marv, what's your model no? The bottom end q6 series seem to have a mainboard issue and not always panel failure
0 Likes
TutTut
First Poster
Options
TV
*I am also disappointed with Samsung. I purchased a QLED900R 75Inch 8k. Flagship model.They have promised to upgrade my One Connect Box to the 8K box. As its the 4K Ultra HD. The box needs USB 2.1. Yet, Samsung seem quite happy selling their newer models
I am presently considering, complaining to Trading Standards.

0 Likes
Atrain3
First Poster
Options
TV

I have a 2017 7 series QLED TV that had the same problems as yours, constant boot loop. Took it to a local repair shop today and they called me to let me know it is a panel short and to replace the screen would cost more than purchasing a new TV. So now my 3.5 year old TV is nothing but scrap metal. I expect more from Samsung. I expect a TV that I paid almost $2,000 for to last more than 3.5 years. Of course Samsung and their world famous horrible customer support basically told me to F off. This is unacceptable, off to their competition I go. Stand by your products Samsung.

0 Likes
dwmeganbob
First Poster
Options
TV

I bought the QN75Q9FN model about 3 years ago and just got the same diagnosis from my local repair shop.  My unit went into the boot loop error, and I took it in for repair and was told the same thing - that the screen's main board has a short and only half the screen will work at a time when powered directly.  The main board can't be separated from the screen which renders the whole unit unrepairable.

This is shocking to me that a Samsung TV, that was over $3000, can not be repaired or would fail after such a short time with general residential usage.  Needless to say I will never purchase a Samsung TV again.  I guess I should have looked more closely at their weak 1 year warranty....buyer beware!

LG just got a new customer! 

0 Likes