Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QLED Q80T PS5 ghosting issue

(Topic created on: 09-12-2020 09:31 PM)
sikamszampon
Apprentice
Options

Hello!

Last week bought my Q80T 65” for PS5 and found that I have few problems with Green / Purple ghosting in cod cold war and really noticable vertical banding. Done some research and I found that some people got the same problem as me. I got latest update 1460 (Poland) and really don’t know what to do next.. 

Down bellow ghosting captured (look at the table)

18208B09-A676-4E6E-B714-D03F9B76F1CF.jpeg

17 REPLIES 17
MichuPL
Journeyman
Options

We are all waiting for fixes... Also have q80t, don't have a problem with ghosting (XSX), but have a terrible crushed blacks instead.. can't play any game cause of this. As for vertical banding - I also have that, very visible grid-like dark pattern across the screen, about 20 vertical lines and a few horizontal. In the store I bought it (mediamarkt) they said it was terrible and I should talk with Samsung, but Samsung said it is normal in all LED tvs.. no repair no replacement. Display unit in store had no vertical banding at all. Samsung have really bad quality control I guess.. It's my first and last Samsung TV, thats for sure. Have a question, I'm also from Poland, and don't have 1460 update yet, did you update yours via usb?

sikamszampon
Apprentice
Options

Yes I’ve downloaded it through this link 

https://www.samsung.com/pl/support/model/QE65Q80TATXXH/#downloads 

Cerativ
Explorer
Options

I have exact same problem with ghosting. Samsung f***d us up. He sold us TV and destroyed it with updates. Loccal Dimming, Ghosting, banding.
Żałuję, że go wziąłem

sikamszampon
Apprentice
Options

Hope they will fix that ASAP.. worst spent money 🙄 next time I’ll go with OLED or SONY 

Cerativ
Explorer
Options

I would have spent that cash on OLED aswell. I cannot return that TV anymore. I meet that kind of problem
dimming is totally wrong dim1.jpgdim2.jpgdim3.jpg

0 Likes
Gavinh
Helping Hand
Options
you should really use a monitor for gaming. also u want to play some warzone? 🤣
0 Likes
Toejo78
Navigator
Options

Welcome to QLED!

0 Likes
MacGafraidh
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem.. There was no point in upgrading my TV because it's worst. How did you upgrade? Download to usb? 

0 Likes
Tv52
Pioneer
Options

Also from Poland. Today I got technician who took the TV and said they will replace panel for because of the banding problem.

0 Likes