Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QLED Freesat LiveTV app disappeared

(Topic created on: 21-01-2021 08:40 PM)
ukPete
Apprentice
Options

Having installed the my QE49Q6FN and satellite aerial into the TV, auto-tuned all channels - it worked perfectly! "Freesat LiveTV" app available on apps menu - good. PVR also recorded channels as expected - great.

Days later the "Freesat Live TV" app disappeared. The next day it re-appeared. Days later it disappeared again, not to be seen since. The Broadcasting menu in settings is also greyed out.

How I get my Freesat LiveTV app back?

** UPDATE **

Glad to see I'm not the only person experiencing this problem and similar. The very poor Customer Service from Samsung is disappointing.

Due to the built-in PVR also being rather **** and not, or half, recording programs, I have spent hours trying different things and finally found a solution that should work for all. It's so simple as well......

Unscrew you satellite cable from the rear of your unsupported Samsung TV and re-attach them to a Freesat set-top PVR. Hey presto - a device that fully works. All channels displayed and recordings starting/stopping in this with the broadcasted programme and a SeriesLink facility that records when the next episode is shown.

Samsung should take a look into these facilities, it would seriously improve their TV's and could make their review ratings a lot higher.

27 REPLIES 27
jq25
Student
Options

Very similar story.  In London. Went from everything working fine on Friday night to saying it couldn't find source when you clicked Freesat App to now the icon itself dissapearing.

0 Likes
Lumpyfish
Student
Options

Mine just did the same thing today. I loaded up samsung TV instead of Freesat and then the freesat app just disappeared. Managed to get it back by auto tuning the satellite again but there must be more to it.

0 Likes
ukPete
Apprentice
Options

HI,

Glad it's not just mine that suffers this! Not resolved the problem yet, still randomly disappears. Even when working, BBC1 regional also disappears from the channel list!

Still waiting for Samsung support to respond to me 😞

0 Likes
ukPete
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

Thanks for your story. I tried to do that but I couldn't get the re-tune option to be available to attempt it. Several switch off/ons and eventually it returns! Very annoying!!! BBC1 regional also disappears occasionally! 😞

0 Likes
jq25
Student
Options

Yeah, just an update on mine, it's all back working now, but what happened was

lost satellite signal completely, each and every freesat channel saying no signal (not samsungs fault)
i switched to using Samsung TV Plus app
After a bit (same day), freesat icon dissapears entirely (could say that a bug on samsungs end)

Had to retune sat to get icon to reappear, even though still no signal problem
After a week of attempting to retune tv everyday, finally got signal back, not 100% channels though, eventually they did without any further action

WarmReception
Apprentice
Options

Any Update on this?

I have a QE65Q90T with a FreeSat dish attached. Each time I select Samsung TV the source input for terrestrial tv is switched to Aerial (which is not installed) and the terrestrial TV Freesat app just disappears from the home screen app bar. I have to bring up the channel options and reselect  FreeSat as a source which involves a couple of menus and 5+ remote button actions to get the Freesat app and guide back.

Cheers

PuppyPowers
First Poster
Options

That is the exact same issue I experience on QE75QN95A.  I was told, when I called Samsung Support, that same method too, to press the Channel List button on the remote and then reselect Freesat from the dropdown and then my Freesat app icon returns.  This definitely is a bug which Samsung need to look into...

PeterG69
Apprentice
Options

Same issue here with my UE50TU8507UXXU - such as shame as I am otherwise very pleased with the TV

StephenT76
First Poster
Options
I had a similar issue and found my Aerial Type had changed to Terrestrial. TV PLUS was now default TV app.
To switch back (on my TV) open TV PLUS and open the guide. On your smart remote press the 4 coloured dots button. Move to Aerial Type option and change to Freesat.
0 Likes