Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QLED 85” 8K - Developing Bent Screen (faulty)

(Topic created on: 08-09-2022 01:10 PM)
PW5W
Apprentice
Options

2021 Samsung 85 inch 8K flagship model

This is the first Samsung TV ( in fact Samsung product) I have ever had. 

Paid £5,000 GBP for it as I thought I would treat myself after a tough 2 years, which in fact was on offer at the time last year and I am totally disappointed in the quality of these products and  shocked at the terrible customer service!
It’s under warranty but Samsung claim that these TVs can come bent or can develop bending and is acceptable up to 5.5mm. What a load of rubbish! I feel totally cheated.

My screen has twisted and the frame has become buckled after a very short while.

Has anyone else had or heard of an issue with an 85 inch TV or similar bending when being hung on the wall? Or maybe from heat coming from the screen itself?
I had even used Samsungs Slim mount that was a small fortune but the weight of the TV on 2 M8 bolts seems crazy! 

I shall be posting this up on social media too to share my experience and see if anyone else has experienced similar issues. 

Dreadful.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Dev14677
Apprentice
Options

Have the exact same problem QE85QN800 is bent at the bottom, raised this in November 2022

they sent ICTV out to inspect and it is confirmed to be bent

Wait five months for a for a solution from  them but in the meantime they would only be able to provide a repair , weeks later I get told because I raised this 28 days after purchase they will not provide a replacement nor a repair and that the defect is not a manufacturing fault and that is happend during installation and that this was said in the report which is wasn’t 

We’ve also opened a  85 QN900 in a clients house and it was bent in the box so you’re not the only one 

PW5W
Apprentice
Options

Wow. Really, that's thanks for sharing... ICTV... they are in the UK. 

I have 6 years warranty with the TV but seems nothing is covered. Its appalling.

They will not send anyone round as they say its all within spec !!!!

I might as well have purchased a £150 TV from ASDA.

I have noticed there are a few dead pixels areas too and the TV probably has less than 100 hours on it. It is never used.

IMG_4476 2.jpgIMG_4475.jpgIMG_4478.jpg

0 Likes
Dev14677
Apprentice
Options

the worst customer service I’ve ever had most companies are happy to help, I’ve never know a company to dodge it’s way out of sorting out a problem of their own doing 

861F5C90-A707-4AE2-AD1C-589CFD131832.jpeg

8E6690A8-C1CC-4378-B1AB-7F909B56BDEC.jpeg

PW5W
Apprentice
Options

Mine is on the left also. Have you checked the slim frame at the bottom? Is that also bent?

IMG_2582.jpg

0 Likes
Dev14677
Apprentice
Options

It is very slightly but nowhere near as much as yours 

But here is my clients one while we we finishing their house hard to see the bend on photos but note the last photo which has a bent in the frame 

A8DD5C0F-6176-4FA7-BCCD-E833FFCDF3CD.jpeg

3D29E9BA-DED5-48D1-934B-5EB1F0E6FF2B.jpeg

AAB4B3FA-56D1-4743-A392-5B8B957D31A3.jpeg

BB5C27D1-1E8E-41BB-BC02-C409986DBB9E.jpeg

0 Likes
nhr
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem with my 75 inch neo QLED.

Did you get it replaced?

0 Likes
Dev14677
Apprentice
Options

I didn’t, Samsung stopped responding to my emails , so I’ve had to go through my credit card company to get my money back instead 

0 Likes
Vicky16
First Poster
Options

I have the exact same problem with a new 8k Samsung, they told me it was me and that that i had caused the damage.  i am awaiting a call back from them.  i will use the consumer rights act 2015 section 10 to 13 stating you have up to 6 months to report manufacturing damage.     

0 Likes