Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QLED 55 Q80T - problem with source

(Topic created on: 10-01-2022 10:22 PM)
mrsplatypus
First Poster
Options

I just bought new QLED 55 Q80T TV and I'm having trouble with the source. This TV will never be connected to any ground, cable or satellite TV network, I will be using Netflix, Prime, YT, etc. and connect to PS5. Still, whenever I don't have another video app running, the source screen keeps popping up, telling me satellite cable is disconnected and asking me to select source. 

What can I do to stop this? I can't pick "HDMI" or "USB", because there are no other devices connected to this TV and I will only be using "PC on TV" occasionally. I want the default source to be "video apps installed on this TV and accessed via wi-fi", but as far as I can tell this is not an option. 

Does anyone know what I can do to make my TV realize it's just a big display for internet content, and not actually a TV for watching television channels? :winking-face:

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I totally understand the issue, I don't think it can be solved. Every TV does this. I have a Samsung, Panasonic, and my family have a Samsung and a Toshiba and they all do the same.
0 Likes