Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QLed 2020 (Q80T/Q95T/Q95T/Q90T) : Local Dimming not functional in Game Mode

(Topic created on: 29-12-2020 05:36 AM)
BogaMoge
Pathfinder
Options

So, since firmware 1304 (EU) and even after update 1402.6 (EU) and 1460.9 (EU), the local dimming in Game Mode is absolutely terrible.

See photos (first one is Movie Mode, second one is Game Mode) to see the effect in SDR

Q90T-LocalDimming-GameModeOFF.JPGQ90T-LocalDimming-GameModeON.JPG

When in HDR, the difference is less drastic, but still very noticeable.

Anyone else has this problem? And do anyone know if an update is being done to solve that issue?

45 REPLIES 45
BogaMoge
Pathfinder
Options

So first test with firmware 1403.1 :

• terrible judder still there in all modes
  • purple ghosting still there outside Game Mode (GMP off)
  • dimming still bad in Game Mode (GMP off), albeit a bit better it seems, but I have to test it at night to be sure
  • haven't tested the scanlines yet...

So it's not a firmware issue, it's my panel... let's contact the seller and see what they can do...

0 Likes
SidL
Pathfinder
Options

Yes it can, because before update 1304 it worked, and on other TVs like the Q70R of 2019.

SidL
Pathfinder
Options

I upgraded the TV to 1403.1, and the local dimming in game mode with GMP OFF still doesn't work !! 😤😡😤😡

0 Likes
BogaMoge
Pathfinder
Options

I know, I was in the same situation. I managed to have my tv taken back by the seller (wasn't easy!). Hopefully they'll just exchange it and the new set will be ok. I'd really like not to have to send it back again...

0 Likes
Fjq8
Student
Options

Me two bro i faced the same problem to much dirty screen effect and a vertical line in the center  and game mode so terrible in black games

and my model manufactured in Egypt also🙄 

Cerativ
Explorer
Options

Hello.

How are things going? I was looking for the problem as well. Look at my screen. It's on Gran Turismo Sport while loading and while i'm moving curson it's brightens all horizontal part

Which game did u check to achieve your images?

dim1.jpgdim2.jpgdim3.jpg

BogaMoge
Pathfinder
Options

I used Type:Rider for my original post.

Here are some examples using a test videos on YouTube, with Firmware 1460.9 :

Move Mode HDR (LD High)

LD-movie-high.JPG

Game Mode HDR (LD High)

LD-game-high.JPG

Now, taking a photo accentuates the blooming, I know, but when looking at the difference between the 2 modes, you can see that the FALD is not working in Game Mode.

0 Likes
swko
Journeyman
Options

Mine is also manufactured in Egypt which has ***** panels I dunno why they produce their high end tvs there but they all have bad panels ok guessing the panel supplier sucks and differs from the one for europeans or US markets 

0 Likes
BogaMoge
Pathfinder
Options

Well, as far I know, most panels in Europe come from Hungary, in the Middle-East from Egypt and in the US from Mexico. So Samsung is not going the cheaper task force way to produce its high-end tv (which is not surprising, this what every multinational company does), so it will have one major downside : bad quality control. It's on Samsung to fix that though, not on us to accept it as an immutable fact...

0 Likes
Suriya
Voyager
Options

I was amazed when i play last of us 2 on q95t firmware version 1112 really Game-mode was better than any effective presets. When the firmware 1302 rolled out Game-mode became worse it looks very poor contrast, blooming, washed-out image ect. No reply from SCAMSUNG now on 1461 its look like an advertisement led board hanging on airports and railway stations without any contrast and local dimming