Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QE85QN95A - No 4K HDMI sources will work!

(Topic created on: 23-12-2021 09:42 PM)
jlb777
Apprentice
Options

Hi All,

My lovely new QE85QN95A arrived on Monday, which I unpacked and setup yesterday in the hope we would have a lovely big screen for a cosy family Christmas.

Sadly, I have not been able to get ANY 4K device connected to any of the HDMI ports, to inc:

- Amazon Fire TV 4K Max

- PS4 Pro

- VirginMedia 4K Box

i have tried 4 different brands of hdmi 2.1 certified cable, all I get is a 1-2 seconds of display every 10 seconds.  If I feed it a straight 1080p HDMI source (Nintendo Switch), it is fine.

I have performed a USB F/W update to 1808, no difference.  I have read various posts on the issue, but most seem to refer to it only when feeding true hdmi 2.1 content from a PS5 or Xbox X.

I am guessing it has to be software related, otherwise I wouldn’t be able to get the 1080p hdmi source working.

Very frustrating, guessing it maybe a dodgy one connect box.

Any advice would be hugely appreciated.

p.s. all the smart hub apps work fine, E.g. Netflix, Disney etc, so it can be the actual screen at fault. 

Thanks 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options
Do you have the 4k turned on through settings. General. external sourses
G G
0 Likes
jlb777
Apprentice
Options

Hi There - is it not on by default?  I have checked to ensure “signal plus” is enabled for all 4 HDMI inputs, is that what you mean? Thanks 

0 Likes
Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options
Yes sorry that's what I ment. Have you tried going into the device care. Self diagnosis hdmi trouble shooting
G G
0 Likes