Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QE85Q95T No Gap Wall Mount

(Topic created on: 25-07-2020 04:19 PM)
cod
Journeyman
Options

I've just taken delivery of the 85" version of the Q95T (model number QE85Q95TATXXU). One of the reasons for picking this set was the no gap wall mount possibility.

However, the Q95T does not come with the dual no gap wall mount (model number WMN-R30EA/XC) in the box. I have been trying to find out from Samsung where to buy one, since the Samsung UK website simply says it's not for sale. I know that this wall mount was also used for the 82Q950R - it came in the box with that set - so I thought perhaps I might be able to get one from spares supplier, but none of them have this part on their website)

I find it quite incredible that I can buy the set but not the no gap wall mount, which was an advertising feature for this set. It means unless I can find one, I'm going to have to pay to have the set mounted with a standard wall mount now, and then pay again to have it remounted on the no gap once I can get one. Considering I already paid over £5000 for the set this is not making me happy.

Does anyone know where I can get one, or how I can find out if and when Samsung are going to make them available?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
ScottG
Student
Options
Hi there, I cant comment on the Samsung mount, however as a left field alternative I've just mounted by 82" Tu8000 on the wall with a One for All bracket (https://www.oneforall.co.uk/tv-brackets/wm-6611-fixed-tv-bracket) I'm amazed by it's thinness and quality. The TV sits pretty much flush onto the wall with this bracket. Its not Samsung, bt could solve your issue if you cant find one
0 Likes
GuyH1
First Poster
Options

Hey ... wondering if you got this resolved. I am looking at the same tv and would like to use the no gap wall mount. Looks like the WMN-R30EA/XC is in stock on the Samsung website now (for £199) but the site is still very vague on compatibility 

thanks.  Guy

0 Likes
cod
Journeyman
Options

Hi

No, I gave up with Samsung, as the best information I could find was that the no gap wall mount for the 85" Q95T was not going to be for sale in the UK until around September, which was completely useless for my purposes, since I didn't want my TV sitting in a box until then.

I went a purchased a thin mount, sits 32mm off the wall. It's not as good as the 7mm no gap would have been, but I could actually buy it. And it didnt' cost a frankly ridiculous £199 either.

I'm not currently seeing the WMN-R30EA/XC on sale on Samsung UK at the moment either. It's definitely compatible  - if you click on Specs and then on Show All Specs, the 85Q95T is listed in the compatibility section.

https://www.samsung.com/ie/tv-accessories/no-gap-wall-mount-wmn-r30e/WMN-R30EAXC/

Samsung UK have very much disappointed me this year - I couldn't purchase a ClearView cover for my S20 Ultra on launch date, and in fact Samsung UK didn't have them on the site for several weeks. Despite that, I could buy it elsewhere online (and did). Of course, Samsung made the covers available about two days after the Samsung Members 50% off Accessories offer expired...

And then this nonsense with a TV I paid over £5000 for. Why they couldn't just include the mounts in the box is beyond me - they did so with the Q950R last year. Cheap behaviour from a large company.

0 Likes
cod
Journeyman
Options

Hi Scott

I wish I had seen this about four days before you posted it! I ended up getting a thin mount, but it still sits 32mm off the wall. 13mm would definitely have been better. Ah well. Cheers for posting anyway - might help someone else in the same position as I was.

0 Likes
Tech2XS
First Poster
Options

I’ve used the Hama TLT no gap mounts that are identical to Samsung’s. £59.99 on Amazon.

0 Likes